Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2015 Season Journal

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Antlerless deer seem to be the fad this week...

2015 Stats

Antlerless Sightings: 88
Bucks Sightings: 21
Different Bucks: 15
Sub 120: 9
120+ 6
Shooters Seen: 3
Total Sightings: 109

Deer Killed: 1

Morning Hunts: 10
Evening Hunts: 12
All Day Sits: 2
Skunked Hunts: 0
Total Hunts: 24

Hours on Stand: 82

Average Time Per Hunt: 3 Hours 20 Minutes
Deer Seen Per Hour on Stand: >1

Stands/Blinds Hunted: 10
Properties Hunted: 3

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
At least you're seeing them! I have made it out spotty after work and it's been a few weeks since anything has showed in daylight. While hunting or on the trail cam. This weather really needs to get cold and get them on their feet and moving!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've had some rough days in dealing with this layoff and last night was hard on me. Waking up to such a beautiful morning was the perfect start to a new day. Spent the morning at the farm, grabbed some breakfast, then my buddy and I went to Wolf Creek WMA for the first time ever. I ended up kicking up 2 does and a shooter not long after we got there. No shots, but it was cool to explore new territory and we both really liked what we found. Spent a few hours there, then went back to the farm and watched a beautiful sunset unfold while drank a cold Budweiser and relived our day. Walked a solid 5 miles today and feel great. Also found a shed, my second in the last month. Not bad for a guy that never finds them!

2015 Stats

Antlerless Sightings: 95
Bucks Sightings: 22
Different Bucks: 16
Sub 120: 9
120+ 7
Shooters Seen: 4
Total Sightings: 117

Deer Killed: 1

Morning Hunts: 10
Evening Hunts: 12
All Day Sits: 3
Total Hunts: 25

Hours on Stand: 90

Average Time Per Hunt: 3 Hours 36 Minutes

Properties Hunted: 4

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
And I'm done. Tracie killed her 11th deer in 12 seasons tonight, keeping the streak (albeit with an asterisk) alive. Nothing fancy. Shot her at the feeder behind the house. Big old doe we have watched all year long. I watched her run my buck off the feeder back in September. She ruled the roost around here. We wanted one more deer to can and she'll provide a lot of great meat since she dressed at 120 pounds. This picture is icing on the cake to a season I'm fairly happy with...

2015 Stats

Antlerless Sightings: 110
Bucks Sightings: 25
Different Bucks: 18
Sub 120: 11
120+ 7
Shooters Seen: 4
Total Sightings: 135

Deer Killed: 2

Morning Hunts: 12
Evening Hunts: 14
All Day Sits: 4
Total Hunts: 30

Hours on Stand: 110

Average Time Per Hunt: 3 Hours 40 Minutes

Properties Hunted: 5

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
:smiley_clap:

You're absolutely correct buddy, a GREAT way to cap off your season! Enjoy the food and I hope you can find some more sheds this winter and spring! You're on a roll!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The picture of your bloody hand on FB with caption about Tracie providing for the family. . .

I refrained but wanted to say "Damn Tracie. Not sure how Jesse married a woman with such manly paws. That is nasty." Teasing on TOO is one thing, but FB where her friends and family who don't know me? Didn't think i should.