Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2014-2015 Deer Season

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
27 min! wow!
Good Job!!
I understand... The feeling of having no venison in the freezer has always bothered me too. (and I have had that feeling after quite a few seasons over the years. lol)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No shame in a kill for the freezer. Might not be rewarding or feel like "a hunt" but it is what it is. You went to the grocery store tonight. Nothing wrong with that at all. Congrats.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Venison is venison. Doesn't matter if it's a doe shot over bait or a booner from an epic spot and stalk. You needed meat in the freezer and you got it done. Congrats.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It wasn't bad. Texture is interesting. Reminds you of rubber at first due to it being smooth and firm. But it wasn't tough, so that was good. Flavor is gamey as you would expect, but not overpowering. It has a slight metallic taste to it. It is not for everyone that's for sure. My wife tried a piece and wasn't impressed! Next time around, I'm going to season it and put it in the crock pot with onions and beef broth. Next year at Strouds, I hope to have one and I'll batter and deep fry it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just updating stats to reflect a kill and a fruitless hunt last Saturday. Duck season starts Saturday morning. Thank GOD!!!

Antlerless Sightings: 43
Bucks Sightings: 34
Different Bucks: 17
Mature Bucks Seen: 6
Total Sightings: 77

Deer Killed: 1

Morning Hunts: 14
Evening Hunts: 12
All Day Hunts: 1
Skunked Hunts: 9
Total Hunts: 27

Hours on Stand: 102