Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Java Joy - The Coffee Thread

If someone told me that one drip pot could make a way better pot of coffee than another drip pot I would have called them crazy. Let me know what you think in the morning.
Hell I couldn't wait to try it so I brewed up 4 cups of coffee using an old can of Folgers that had been open for months. Wasn't expecting much as it smelled stale. Best cup of coffee I have made in years at home, no kidding. I sat there thinking there is no way this tastes good as it was the same coffee can I had when I threw the old Sunbeam piece of shit in the garbage after another crappy tasting pot of coffee.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hell I couldn't wait to try it so I brewed up 4 cups of coffee using an old can of Folgers that had been open for months. Wasn't expecting much as it smelled stale. Best cup of coffee I have made in years at home, no kidding. I sat there thinking there is no way this tastes good as it was the same coffee can I had when I threw the old Sunbeam piece of shit in the garbage after another crappy tasting pot of coffee.

Yeah I don't get it. How can one drip coffee maker produce a better quality brew over another? It's the same damn process, run hot water over coffee grounds and catch it in a pot. But it does, and it's quite noticeable.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Going through the before use cleaning now.
IMG_20210425_135549383.jpg

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
It was almost a coin toss over the Ninja and the Cuisinart. All clean and ready to go for the morning. Not going to be testing with old stale coffee though lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Big_Holla

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was scrolling through here after breaking my pot on Friday. I jimmy-rigged a pour over setup this morning, but gotta get a new maker soon. I've got BRCC blends stocked up included AK Expresso, Beyond Black, and Liberty Roast. Bought some K-cups for the camper, so I may get a 2-in-1 for the house just so Tracie can make her specialty stuff too.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cool. I pulled out cheapy out of the camper. First world problems. I keep telling myself this an awful lot lately.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I heard from my cousin saying that there will be Black Rifle Coffee Shop coming soon . Ya’ll heard about that?

Reactions: Big_Holla