Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IWOM

Deersurgeon

Busted it out this evening with the change in weather. I’ve had mine for 4 years and I have definitely got my moneys worth plus I bought one for the wife which covers up my 8 year old son great too. Makes it nice not sweating my ass off walking in as I have it rolled up on my waist and I’m wearing one layer walking in and stay warm the entire time. I haven’t seen much posted about it and wanted to keep fellow too members aware as I really utilize this piece of equipment for cold weather sits.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
To put it into perspective.
I'm currently wearing:
Underwear
200weight icebreaker top and bottom
midweight icebreaker socks
Army multicam bottoms
danner insulated boots
wooby hoody
polarfleece stocking cap
IWOM

Its 33° and I'm toasty and not completely zipped up and the good/ face wrap isn't on.

I was able to walk 600 yards with almost nothing on, be warm when i got to the stand and I'm doing great.

Love hate with mine. Amazing warmth and packability. Don’t like getting into it in the stand or trying to climb with it bunched up. For specific height and body sizing- the fiy is lacking, it has Velcro and despite having the best model the hood/mask is not removable and sucks. Bulky arms for archery. For a gun, blind, or bowhunter (with a arm guard or sleeve) it is amazing for being out there in garbage weather or adding it a light setup after you get way back in. The feet together was my big concern and hasn’t been at all. Let me also say - that my biggest gun deer all came from ideal conditions on horrid weather days…. Wearing an iwom.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have The Warm Bag. Got it at the D&T Expo years ago. It kot me out there in 10 degree wind chill the other day. First I've worn it in years. Noisy material on inside. Not the easiest to slide arms in and out of. It also wasn't $400. Maybe I should have spent s little more and gotten the IWOM or Heater Bodysuit.

They offer a lot a onzie or heavy weight set does not. Had a warmbag and another HBS- the iwom was the best. They’re useless for stalking though. A touch noisy esp on some bark. It isn’t a replacement for GWW, incinerator or a sanctuary set due to function but I’ll take it for the harshest sits over the others if that is all I’m doing.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
To put it into perspective.
I'm currently wearing:
Underwear
200weight icebreaker top and bottom
midweight icebreaker socks
Army multicam bottoms
danner insulated boots
wooby hoody
polarfleece stocking cap
IWOM

Its 33° and I'm toasty and not completely zipped up and the good/ face wrap isn't on.

I was able to walk 600 yards with almost nothing on, be warm when i got to the stand and I'm doing great.
I was wearing a heavier weight sock and long john bottom today. Also a more windproof hat and gaiter.
Very toasty, but my hands were freezing while checking this and social media.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I left the Warm Bag at home this morning but put an extra base layer today. I've gotten the Sitka bibs and now the parka. Pretty impressive combo. 15-20mph winds and I'm about to head back out for the last 4hrs. Probably 3-3.5 by the time in in the tree.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I left the Warm Bag at home this morning but put an extra base layer today. I've gotten the Sitka bibs and now the parka. Pretty impressive combo. 15-20mph winds and I'm about to head back out for the last 4hrs. Probably 3-3.5 by the time in in the tree.
Which sitka bibs?
i have the fanatic and my IWOM keeps me warmer

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Which sitka bibs?
i have the fanatic and my IWOM keeps me warmer
I believe they are Fanatic top and bottom also the hoodie. I had two base layers as well and an Army wool sweater. Brought my boot covers but never pulled them out. Same tonight. Was even warmer. Had a little more wind shelter tonight. Flat tundra country the wind rips thru you.

Reactions: Hedgelj