Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's a small world.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Something happened today that made me say... wow, what a small world ! I'm sure we all can relate to such a saying, so I thought I'd create a thread where we can share our experiences..

Earlier today, I was out drinking beer in the driveway after getting all the yard work done when the phone in the garage started ringing. Turns out to be my cousin Bob who recently moved down somewhere in BFE Florida from Va Beach last year. He came from my mom's side of the family & is retired from the navy. I haven't seen him since I was probably 7, ... about the same with all the others, but he found me on FB a few years ago and we keep in touch. He grew up in Pa & moved on from there after joining the navy He has no connection to Ohio. Anyway, he called me today & was telling me about some electrician that was at his house. I dunno how the conversation started, but apparently, the electrician was talking about having an uncle from Ohio. Bob then told him he had relatives from Ohio. Bob asked him where. The answer was Newark. Bob said, that's funny, I have relatives in Newark. Bob asked him if he remembered where his uncle lived & it turns out the guy lived right next door where I grew up ! Him & his wife moved on years before mom & dad died, but that's pretty wild on how he would remember that and how it all unfolded.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I was bear hunting in New Brunswick Canada in the early 1990’s and noticed a picture on the wall at camp of a guy posing next to a real nice buck that he killed the year before. I asked the outfitter if the guys name was Don and he said yes. Then I asked his last name....it matched.....this dude graduated a year ahead of me in high school. We played ball together. I hadn’t seen him in over a decade and we ended up going to the same hunting camp about six months apart...him that previous fall and me the following spring.