Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Illinois Openings....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Where I hunt in Illinois we have just acquired a new piece of land ( 50-60 acres ) which is ideally located surrounded by land that is managed for quality deer only... This includes a 600+ acre farm that the outfitter has a 150 inch minimum... So currently there are 2 openings for this year... Prices are as follows:
6 day bow hunt...... $2000.00
3 day gun hunt....... $2200.00
9 day combo hunt which is 6 days of bow and 3 days of gun....$3000.00
All hunts include lodging and a fantastic dinner...

Probably no interest here as Ohio has monster deer, but figured I'd blow it by you guys... We all saw what Chad did last year there in one day....

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
What are the dates and what are the details on tags?
If you decided you want to go you can pick your dates to go anywhere from the last week of Oct. Thru the Sun before Thanksgiving.... The best bet is the combo hunt as you get ALOT for your money.. You can harvest 2 bucks then,but have to buy both an archery and firearm tag... Tags will be available over the counter soon for archery and gun tags go on sale in early Oct... Although my friend is a registered outfitter these hunts are not your typical outfitter hunts... He just does so many hunts... NO ONE,, I REPEAT " NO ONE " WILL HUNT THIS SPOT BEFORE YOU......

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
What county?

The combo hunt isn't a bad deal. I hunted Pike county a few years back (shoot, probably 15 years ago now eek) and did that. I hunted archery for a few days then the early gun. I passed a bunch of small bucks and didn't see anything worth shooting.

How much are NR tags?

Fletch

Supporting Member
What county?

The combo hunt isn't a bad deal. I hunted Pike county a few years back (shoot, probably 15 years ago now eek) and did that. I hunted archery for a few days then the early gun. I passed a bunch of small bucks and didn't see anything worth shooting.

How much are NR tags?
Combo hunt is a GREAT DEAL.... Most outfitters are getting more for just a 5 day archery hunt... Tags are as follows:

Archery tag is $400.00
Firearm tag is $300.00
General hunting license is around $50.00
Habitat Stamp is around $5.00

Two guys from Pa. Are hunting down the road about a 1/2 mile.... This buck was shot there...

IMG_20190623_120620.jpg

Reactions: Isaacorps