Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Illinois deer tour

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
IMG_20181026_130430384.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
I think Chad dropped off the face of the earth.. I was helping a friend with his landscaping business doing fall cleanups today, but talked to Chad several times throughout his trip.... I guess he called me when he arrived, but with the leaf blowers running I didn't hear the call... Saw he called and returned his call but no answer.. Called my friend and he said he arrived and went in to hunt.. So he arrived safely... Rain just ended prior to him getting there so maybe deer will move tonight... Guess we'll all be waiting an update...

Reactions: giles and "J"

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Casey's? This is the Casey's you are all referring to? Heck, we have one of those in Cridersville. You didn't have to drive to IL.

Reactions: giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looks like a great spot for an ambush.
Dick... It produced last year... Hoping it repeats itself.. Chad last pic is that the tall reeds? I faintly see trail we beat down with quad... Dick a guy shot a decent buck out of that tree last year and this deer was on trail camera twice right under it...

Attachments

• 20180910_080956.jpg
    20180910_080956.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: MoonLab

Fletch

Supporting Member
Guys,if that last pic is what I think it is. Heres a pic going through that jungle last Aug. We beat down a trail with quad.. Lokks like leaves are off, but I bet stalks are still standing.. Chad said looked like deer are walking the trail we beat down....

Attachments

• 20180818_130001.jpg
    20180818_130001.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 20180818_125518.jpg
    20180818_125518.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 230
Guys,if that last pic is what I think it is. Heres a pic going through that jungle last Aug. We beat down a trail with quad.. Lokks like leaves are off, but I bet stalks are still standing.. Chad said looked like deer are walking the trail we beat down....

I'm sure the deer made quick use of that trail. Once they start to use those type trails it becomes a habit.

Fletch

Supporting Member
are you doing all day sits?
Acting the midle man here, as he may not have service at times... Plus hes concentrating on hunting...But he did text me earlier...He was moving to original piece of prop he was going to hunt to see what's happening there for a afternoon hunt... Hope he finds a spot as it is thick as hell with saplings... He saw a couple does this morning.