Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ILLINOIS 2019 RECAP.......

Fletch

Supporting Member
This will be just a quick recap of the Illinois 2019 season... As noted in another thread I was unable to make it this year due to illness... But I figured some might be interested just the same...
First off only 3 guys were in camp as some had issues come up... Of these 3 they went 3 for 3 with the bow and 0 for 3 with the gun... They could have filled their gun tags however they didn't see anything that was exceptional so they opted to let them grow for another year...
I think it was the second day of their hunt that I texted my buddy Tod to see how things were going... Cold was his response.. F-ing freezing was more like it, as I believe he said with the wind it was like 8 below zero... I thought man I'm not missing anything as I was in a nice warm hospital bed... Then about a 1/2 later he texted me that he just shot a nice 10 we had on film... Gotta say Tod shoots deer every year and deserves each and every one... The man does not let anything keep him out of a tree... Rain,snow,ice,wind and Sub zero temps, he's out... Turned out Doug also shot a nice 8 on another farm the same morning... Next day the other guy shot a decent 11 point... Needed another year or two but he was happy...
So they had a few days to kill before gun season and Tod sat in my new tripod 2 mornings and saw 2 nice shooters never to be seen again.. He was faced with a big problem for gun as there was still 100 acres of corn standing on that farm... So we all know where the deer were...
Here's a pic of Tods buck seconds before he was shot as he walked in front of his Spartan...

image.jpg

Here's another pic of him a few days earlier...

image.jpg

Here's a pic of Doug and his buck...

image.jpg