Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ILF Bows are Tuned and Ready!!!

Finally, I've got both my ILF Longbow and ILF recurve setup with tuned arrows. 👍
I'm ready for the hunting seasons and 3D shoots. :cool:
I purchased some Hammer Small Game heads and have been "stump shooting" with them. They match my tip weight, fly good and seem to catch/stop in the weeds/grass, when shooting them. 💯
* OMP October Mountain Products 17" wood riser with DAS (Long) Longbow limbs at 35#. On a digital scaled at 28" these limbs show a draw weight of 38.2#. It's tuned/matched with Gold Tip Traditional XT 500 spine at 28" with a 175 gr. tip weights and 4" shield cut feathers. The TAW is 460 gr. and the FOC is 18.8%.
DAS Longbow 1.jpg

DAS Longbow 2.jpg

* Hoyt Satori 19" riser with Uukha (short) limbs at 45#. On a digital scale these limbs show a 44.2# draw weight at a 28" DL. It's tuned/matched with Gold Tip Traditional 400 spine at 29" with a 195 gr. tip wight and 4" shield cut feathers and white wraps.
The TAW is 505 gr. and the FOC is 19%.
Satori 1.jpg

Satori 3.jpg

Hammer Small Game Tip.jpg

Great rig. I always wanted to try stump shooting, it seem like it would both be fun and practical. I may look into the heads you are using and give them a try. Have you scraped any arrows stump shooting?
Have you chronograph that rig (the Satori)?

Reactions: Bowhunter57
Great rig. I always wanted to try stump shooting, it seem like it would both be fun and practical. I may look into the heads you are using and give them a try. Have you scraped any arrows stump shooting?
Have you chronograph that rig (the Satori)?
I have yet to chronograph my Satori, but would like to do so, soon. I'm curious to the speed, as it seems to really "zip" an arrow. 🤔 I may just take a day with both bows, take them to Cherry's Outdoor World and run them both thru it. 👍

As for the heads, I've shot them several times out of the Satori. The fly the same as field tips and are the same weight (they can be ordered to match the field tip weight) as the field tips. While out stump shooting thru a local woods, I ranged what I thought was a piece of dead wood and shot it. I thought it was a 2" diameter and 3' long dead stick that had fallen out of a tree. :sneaky: Turns out to be a live tree root growing across the ground. 🙄 The hammer head stuck in the tree root with a dead thud sound. I figured I ruined the arrow, but upon inspection the tip and arrow shaft confirmed to be good. :cool: