Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IKS to a very well deserving hunter!

It’s true blood has been spilled and it was well worth the wait!
1573244972965.jpeg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It was I !!

I don't know where to start to explain myself. #1, this isn't the buck I was trying to hold out for. The meaning behind it is more important. Nine years ago today, my father died. As you can imagine, at that time, my rut hunting went south. Since then, I've always kinda held the notion that Dad would " send me one ", even though I laughed at myself. I mean, we all hear stories of that nature. Anyway, I had to go into town earlier today & on the way home , I stopped at the cemetery to visit the folks. As I left, I told Dad to let's make it happen.

I've been out all these years no avail partially due to wanting to wait, or bad shot placement or just nothing happening, I didn't care. I'm happy just being out. This afternoon, as I was going upstairs to get ready to go out, I looked out the window & saw a nice buck with a doe out behind the shed , on the edge of the thicket. Any other year I've had a pop up there in that spot, I never had any luck seeing anything & these past few years it's turned into a highway it seems. So I grabbed the crossbow in the garage & went out. Two does were walking thru my yard & looking back by then. Surely that buck was going to follow & I was ready. The does continued into my neighbors, before getting into another patch of woods when that buck ran after them. As I was watching my chance disappear, I was hearing this loud commotion coming from my neighbors house up the drive I thought. It turned out to be two bucks fighting in the drive & they were coming down the drive ! I was trying to get my cam turned on, since I just had it recharged & it fucked me over & would not turn on. This fight lasted a good minute before the looser running off into the woods where all he other deer went. This buck, though not the biggest, was the victor just the same & for what I went thru with the visit to the cemetery, I could not pass this opportunity slip by. The end !

20191108_162639.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
It was I !!

I don't know where to start to explain myself. #1, this isn't the buck I was trying to hold out for. The meaning behind it is more important. Nine years ago today, my father died. As you can imagine, at that time, my rut hunting went south. Since then, I've always kinda held the notion that Dad would " send me one ", even though I laughed at myself. I mean, we all hear stories of that nature. Anyway, I had to go into town earlier today & on the way home , I stopped at the cemetery to visit the folks. As I left, I told Dad to let's make it happen.

I've been out all these years no avail partially due to wanting to wait, or bad shot placement or just nothing happening, I didn't care. I'm happy just being out. This afternoon, as I was going upstairs to get ready to go out, I looked out the window & saw a nice buck with a doe out behind the shed , on the edge of the thicket. Any other year I've had a pop up there in that spot, I never had any luck seeing anything & these past few years it's turned into a highway it seems. So I grabbed the crossbow in the garage & went out. Two does were walking thru my yard & looking back by then. Surely that buck was going to follow & I was ready. The does continued into my neighbors, before getting into another patch of woods when that buck ran after them. As I was watching my chance disappear, I was hearing this loud commotion coming from my neighbors house up the drive I thought. It turned out to be two bucks fighting in the drive & they were coming down the drive ! I was trying to get my cam turned on, since I just had it recharged & it fucked me over & would not turn on. This fight lasted a good minute before the looser running off into the woods where all he other deer went. This buck, though not the biggest, was the victor just the same & for what I went thru with the visit to the cemetery, I could not pass this opportunity slip by. The end !

View attachment 89572
Congrats on a fine trophy! Looks like dad finally sent you one!👍