Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ice Reports...?

That sucks you didn't get into a big school or two jagermeister!! I was wondering how you did. A buddy of mine made it out on Saturday there at Geno's and ended up with 20 real good keepers, 7 of which he speared. Guess working on the house was probably a good idea for me.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That sucks you didn't get into a big school or two jagermeister!! I was wondering how you did. A buddy of mine made it out on Saturday there at Geno's and ended up with 20 real good keepers, 7 of which he speared. Guess working on the house was probably a good idea for me.

Yea don't get me wrong, it was okay... it was fun... Just not "are you kidding me good." LOL We fished from Geno's for 3 of the 4 days.

Yeah I guess that's why I haven't talked my wife into going out again just yet. With how friggin cold it's been and the wind I figure I can get a few things done and still keep my ears open. Let me know if you plan to make a return trip, I'll make sure I have nothing to do that weekend LOL!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah I guess that's why I haven't talked my wife into going out again just yet. With how friggin cold it's been and the wind I figure I can get a few things done and still keep my ears open. Let me know if you plan to make a return trip, I'll make sure I have nothing to do that weekend LOL!!

Sounds good. I think with the bitter cold weather we're having, I'll be sticking around here for the most part. But you never know. I am definitely going to try to get out on Erie a time or two this season.

countryhunter50

Jake(carpn) and I got on the lake today out of crane creek. Fished out infront of the beach in 24fow. Bite was good at dawn and then Slowed down quickly, I struggled all day but ended catching 7 fish and lost 2 pigs at the hole. Jake was on fire most of the day. Bite picked back up around 4

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Like Lucas said , we went out yesterday. We were sorta tag alongs with my buddy Tim and his seasoned Erie ice fishing crew . Tim set me up , gave me a quick tutorial on the system and before long I watch 2 lines become one on the vex felt a bump and a minute later had my first walleye thru the ice flopping . Oh boy , looks like another hobby to buy stuff for .

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Awesome guys. I've been wanting to get out there soon. Just finished the move to my new place so hopefully this week I can get out for some afternoon fishing. I heard it was pretty sloppy out there today but the ice was fine. I pulled a bunch of yellow perch out of Sandusky bay on tipups yesterday.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Took my dad out yesterday onto the big lake near crane creek . Erie didn't disappoint and we managed 14 walleye between us and brought our 12 home

Last edited:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I still haven't made the trip to Erie yet this year, but soon. I've been hitting a couple farm ponds in my area and slamming the giant Gills. Most are 7-9 inches. I have a 3 day weekend so Im thinking about hitting Indian Lake on Monday. All the ice in my area is about 12" of solid with 3 inches of cloudy on top