Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I was asked to post my pics so here goes...

saddlepants

central Ohio
This Forum is a little different in posting pics. I had very good luck for a few years but lost my spot in my divorce and lost my luck. The doe pic is important because she finally broke my 2 year sentence of nothing in the freezer. As bad luck would have it the freezer broke and I lost most of her too but Im no quitter. New bow and new season and I work my own hours now so -look out:smiley_bril: The first pic with the Quad is my very first Buck.
First Buck.jpgShotgun 10 point.jpg2005 old 8 point bow buck.jpg2006 10 point 3pm bow buck.jpg124-2433_IMG.jpg2007 12 point with Maddie.jpgBig 8 without hank.jpg2 year doe.jpg
The Avatar Pic was in the back of Wild Ohio Summer magazine - the one with the catfish cover which is the same deer as the bottom left pic. I used to track with bloodhounds, hence the hounds in some pics.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Two of them are the same buck. The one in the back of the red PU bed and the mount next to it. This buck walked directly under my stand not 30 minutes after I had to spend forever getting there to not spook a flock of turkeys and another small buck. took twenty minutes just to climb the ladder and dont even get comfortable and here he comes. 3 in the afternoon. Damn near shot straight down crossbow bolt buried in the ground after pass thru. Fastest hunting evening I ever had that took forever just to get started , lol! He came right at my scent wick.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Do you still have the hounds and have they helped you much in recovering your deer? Nice trophy wall. You definetly have killed some damn nice ones..

saddlepants

central Ohio
Do you still have the hounds and have they helped you much in recovering your deer? Nice trophy wall. You definetly have killed some damn nice ones..

No , I dont have the hounds anymore unfortunatly. Long story how they all left but anyhoo. I tracked for anyone who called and paid with quite a bit of success. Hank was my best dog but he is passed on. His mate is gone too and the Bigger female my ex took. I had a pup from my pair but she turned out to be dumber than a box o rocks and is now a pet. If I get another tracker its going to be something smaller. A 90 lb bloodhound dragging a 100 lb me through the woods at top speed in the dark was always fun to watch by the hunters Im sure, not to mention it wore my ass out. Thanks for the responses, I have been blessed, lets hope I can be blessed again, lol. What Im at least hoping for is a decent cape for the last buck on the bottom. His cape was ruined.

Huckleberry Finn

Very neat, thanks for sharing!

That last picture with the doe looks similar to the woods I hunt, with the leaves and tree maturity but not quite that open...great stuff

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Thanks for sharing the pics. Those are some real dandys you have harvested. I am sure you will do fine this season and if you don't harvest anything you will have fun trying. :smiley_coolpeace:

saddlepants

central Ohio
Looks like Knox County to me!

Welcome to the site and post away.

Beentown
Close, morrow - that spot is near the del co border. A friend let me hunt and my luck was so down.Nearing the end of my gun season and I had been watching behind me I turned back around out of neck discomfort and the ghost deer was friggin right underneath me out of friggin no where. Yeah, its very open...I think she musta beamed up from the underground. I was carefully trying to turn around (being she was only as far as the ladder was long) and another was near I didnt see caught me and POOF they were gone. I cried and swore like the girl that I am and the friggin luck I had. Finally this one came back from where ever she disappeared to, but walked a path a long way off. Desperate and determined I shot her at a good 70 yards or more. Still had the rental car from my vacation so we had to haul her to the check station on the trunk of my husbands (then boyfriends) grand Marquis to the check station to the amusement of the rest of the local rednecks. There was a record buck taken from this same area last year.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks for posting the pics. Some very nice deer ya got there. I hope you can get on some others still wondering the countryside and smack one with that new bow ya got.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Great collection, dont let a divorce slow you down.... theres alot of land out there just gotta knock on some doors. Plus alum creek and del state park arent too far. Good luck this year!