Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I be knoweth something...

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I'm happy for you Ryan. Kind of a sucky way to fill your tag. Then again, you are a good dude and did the right thing putting him out of his misery. I think I'd have one less buddy hunting with me next year if someone pulled that kind of shit. He is a cool looking deer.
He wasnt a part of our crew. He was hunting with my buddy's crew. I'm not defending the guy. I dont believe I ever met him. He was a half hour away butchering a doe and he, like most of us, figured the deer went to another woods that's off limits. The last folks to jump the deer said he was running hard but could tell he was hurt. They also assumed he went to the other property. My buddy and I kinda took a hail mary and walked this small ditch on property we can hunt that sits between the 2 woods. If he was dead the guy woulda come and got it, I assume. Him being alive and there hiding was just luck in my favor.

Reactions: hickslawns and Mike

Stressless

Keene, OH
Long story short the guy that originally wounded him was 25 miles away and butchering a doe and didnt wanna come back to see if they could locate him.

OPINION: The only way that's even remotely acceptable as a hunter is if he was going to go look the next AM, the weather right now would preserve the meat. The way it's put - That guy gives us all a bad name knowing leaving game to waste. Less than an hour round trip FFS.

@Redhunter1012 congrats on a great buck!

Reactions: Redhunter1012