Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting "Mature Whitetails" in Ohio.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would say he’s possibly 3.5 but much more likely he’s 4.5 in that picture Brock putting him at 5.5 this season.JMHO

I also believe the sheds Jamie picked up could be that bucks sheds and his genes are of the IT variety.

Reactions: giles

Jamie

Ohio
View attachment 158420
This one really looks like Jamie’s sheds... you guys think this deer could be a 2 year old?
no way that deer is two and a half in that trailcam pic.

1-17-21 (2).JPG

different photo of same antlers from January of 2021. those are the sheds from a 2 1/2 year old buck, imo. if this is the same deer, and it surely could be, it would make him 3 1/2 last November. A very studly 3 1/2, I would say. could be a real whooper this fall.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

View attachment 158444
different photo of same antlers from January of 2021. those are the sheds from a 2 1/2 year old buck, imo. if this is the same deer, and it surely could be, it would make him 3 1/2 last November. A very studly 3 1/2, I would say. could be a real whooper this fall.
Great shot placement BTW Jamie! Bet he ate great smothered in gravy🤗👍🏻

Reactions: Boarhead

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

View attachment 158444
😁. No he won’t. According to one of the neighbors this deer was killed by a nonresident last year. It was the biggest deer he had on cam all year. The garhole farm actually living up to its name. 😁

Reactions: Jamie

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's deers a solid 3.5 in my book. Still kind of slender and not shaped like a tank yet. No way he put on those G2s as a 2.5 so I'm saying 3.5.

Reactions: brock ratcliff