Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Gear/Equipment Hoarding

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My buddy bought two pairs. Both sucked. These arrive tonight. My feet were frozen all day yesterday despite my body being pretty comfortable all day. Enough of that shit!

First time using these was yesterday. I wore a light pair of Darn Tough wool socks in with the tops of my Muck boots rolled down so my feet could breathe. When I got to the stand, I pulled on a pair of the Darn Tough over the calf extra cushion wool sock, rolled my boots up, then put these boot blankets on with no warmers. My feet eventually got cool, but never cold. Remarkable improvement over what would have happened without them. They're a tad bulky and noisy, but it's a fair trade for warm feet!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First time using these was yesterday. I wore a light pair of Darn Tough wool socks in with the tops of my Muck boots rolled down so my feet could breathe. When I got to the stand, I pulled on a pair of the Darn Tough over the calf extra cushion wool sock, rolled my boots up, then put these boot blankets on with no warmers. My feet eventually got cool, but never cold. Remarkable improvement over what would have happened without them. They're a tad bulky and noisy, but it's a fair trade for warm feet!

Cool. I was about to start a thread on these. For those close to Bass Pro, they are on sale for $29.99 (Thanks for the tip Mike!) I've been wearing the thick Merino wool blend socks with them today. I put them on once in the stand. On warmer days I have used regular weight socks and they worked well in those conditions too. Like Jesse, I've noticed my feet getting cool a couple times, but not "cold". 20 degrees this morning with 10mph winds sitting roughly 20' up this morning. Feet weren't cold. Hands? Yes. Nose? Yes. Not the feet though. The bottoms of these are my only concern. I had a stand with frost on it two days ago and they do NOT have the grip my boots do. Carrying them in sucks. No real good way to do it. I've been folding them up together and stuffing under the strap of my harness. So the cons: Not made for traction and awkward to carry. The Pros: No cold toes. Well worth the $30.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville

Yeah i had em on today. It was warm for about 3-4 hours then started to get cool. I also had a pair of yaktrax thermol insoles in the rubber boots. Very comfy. 2209861_15030408372128_is.jpg
$7 bucks.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I bought a pair of the 2xx. 2xx was not included in the $29 sale. They barley fit my size 14 insulted rubber boots and will not fit my size 14 Rockies. I may take them back.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I bought a pair of the 2xx. 2xx was not included in the $29 sale. They barley fit my size 14 insulted rubber boots and will not fit my size 14 Rockies. I may take them back.
Daggon big foot. The XL fit my size 11 fine. I wonder if there are some consistency issues with their sizing? I thought XL said it would fit 11-13?

Gordo

Athens County
I need a new pair of boots. Old cheap rubber boots are in the trash. Been hunting in the mouseboots, but the damn things are at least one size TOO big. Prob 2. Not good for monkeying into certain stands.

Not sure if I should order up a smaller size mouse boot or get a pair of mucks or something similar.

Everyone's gotta be rolling all rubber? I'd love a pair of more of a 'hikeing' low cut boot. Something More nimble but I fear having anything but rubber on my feet and all the random scent they could carry. I guess if kept properly only into the woods for hunting they'd be alright?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’m a fan of the muck boot, I’ve had a pair for a year and I’ve put the thru the ringer since I deer and rabbit hunt with them.... No leaks at all and fairly warm for hours on stand as well....
Between briars and barbed wire fences I had my doubts but they’re hanging in there ....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I have a pair of danner steadfast hunting boots, fuggers feel like I'm wearing tennis shoes. As far as rubber boots I've owned nothing but Lacrosse boots, and I'll keep wearing them.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Been wearing Mucks for years. Bought some LaCrosse on closeout when MC Sporting Goods was going out. Wore them today. They feel more like a work boot. Were tough to get my feet out of them. I really liked how they felt walking and I walked a plowed field in. Be interesting to see how they hold up.

Gordo

Athens County
I have a pair of danner steadfast hunting boots, fuggers feel like I'm wearing tennis shoes. As far as rubber boots I've owned nothing but Lacrosse boots, and I'll keep wearing them.

You hunt a lot in the danners with no scent issues?

I figure as long as I don't wear them anywhere else, there should be no scent issues.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
You hunt a lot in the danners with no scent issues?

I figure as long as I don't wear them anywhere else, there should be no scent issues.
Killed my buck this year wearing them. I keep my boots in a tote, they never touch anything other than grass or dirt. I walked right through the field this year on the way to hang my stand the evening I shot two piece, had multiple does and and bucks cross my path.

Gordo

Athens County
Bought some clearance boots from cabelas. Need some plastic next time I go there or a ski mask and a getaway driver......

Ha. Could piss money there like it was nobodies business

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Bought some clearance boots from cabelas. Need some plastic next time I go there or a ski mask and a getaway driver......

Ha. Could piss money there like it was nobodies business
[emoji23] 😂😂. I had to get out after I got the binos. Damn near bought a gen 1 night vision monocular until I talked myself out of it because I didn't "need it" lol.