Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting creature comforts

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So y'all helped me out by making me remember i had a buddy heater.

While sitting in the blind today i realized i need a thermos. That way i can allow individual cups of coffee to cool to drinkable temps and enjoy it longer through the morning. I have been using a hydroflask and it keeps it hot for a long time and then it's a race between my stomach, bladder and colon if i can drink it all between when it hits a reasonable temp to drink and it gets cold.

I also love my kindle for reading in the stand or blind.

What other creature comforts do you enjoy so we can help one another get more gear.

Reactions: Big_Holla and Mike

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
19C1F160-711D-4F56-8FFA-0B6560530C15.png

I’ll answer for @Jackalope

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I just bought this. I put two hot hands in it and it stays warm all day long. I put my cell phone in the front pocket.

84277BDA-EEC5-4ED9-9383-8310AF26939C.jpeg

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I just bought this. I put two hot hands in it and it stays warm all day long. I put my cell phone in the front pocket.

View attachment 143780
X2 this thing is a game changer

Reactions: Mike

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Heater Body Suit if it’s really nasty. Boot blankets. As bad as I hate to admit it, Sitka Fanatic jacket. The handwarmer on that thing is amazing and you don’t need to be bulked up to be comfortable in cold weather. If I’m gun hunting from an enclosed blind, a quality thermos is a great addition. For ground hunting with a gun, I’ve got a seat made for turkey hunting that is awesome. I can hardly stay awake. It’s as comfortable as any bag type chair and it sits just a couple inches off the ground. It’s enough to keep your legs awake even if the rest of you is asleep. I recently discover a face mask Krista bought me years ago. It zips in the front. I never zip it since I am not comfortable shooting my recurve with it zipped. The thing hangs open but covers the back of my neck and greatly increases my comfort in cold weather. Mason has one too but refuses to wear it because he thinks I look ridiculous in mine... and I don’t care.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Heater Body Suit if it’s really nasty. Boot blankets. As bad as I hate to admit it, Sitka Fanatic jacket. The handwarmer on that thing is amazing and you don’t need to be bulked up to be comfortable in cold weather. If I’m gun hunting from an enclosed blind, a quality thermos is a great addition. For ground hunting with a gun, I’ve got a seat made for turkey hunting that is awesome. I can hardly stay awake. It’s as comfortable as any bag type chair and it sits just a couple inches off the ground. It’s enough to keep your legs awake even if the rest of you is asleep. I recently discover a face mask Krista bought me years ago. It zips in the front. I never zip it since I am not comfortable shooting my recurve with it zipped. The thing hangs open but covers the back of my neck and greatly increases my comfort in cold weather. Mason has one too but refuses to wear it because he thinks I look ridiculous in mine... and I don’t care.
Do you have a name or pic of the seat? That sounds like it would be great for sitting for hours in one spot while waiting for the Toms to strut by.

Reactions: Big_Holla

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don’t. It’s too cold for me to roll out to the barn and get a pic right now or I would. I’ll get one tomorrow. I bought two of them at Rural King a few years ago. Seems like they were 30-40 bucks apiece and worth every penny.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Bigcountry40

I need to buy a extreme cold weather jacket that is warm but not bulky, I hunt alot of places where I walk a lot almost like out west hunting (public land and private way off the road). Is the sitka fanatic work the money?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I hunt exposed so these are a must for me with temps like they were yesterday. You put them over your boots when you get to your spot.
View attachment 143783

I've been using these for three seasons during times within a tree stand and temps are below 25* with any stiff wind. They're great to have and use. I'm about to order another pair because I about have the pair I have currently worn out.

20191112_172231.jpg

Three of the days of this year's muzzy within the blind, I used my 'Heater Body Suit' to keep me very comfortable during the all day sits. Another item I couldn't live with out during any brutal cold temps. Sometimes it's difficult to stay awake when I'm in that suit and the deer action is minimal. I've had my suit for many years, when they first were introduced, probably 10 years ago and it's held up real well. I've used it in tree stands as well many of times over the years. Just another item that I will use if the temps are below 20* and the winds are above 10 mph.

DSC_0100-685x1024.jpg

20191101_083502.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike