Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

House building

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Nothing like drilling a 6” hole though your log wall.

9CEF7ABC-F388-4EB6-93AB-4133A3FD8B1E.jpeg
88C5B2FC-54C4-4AFF-830A-EF1D5C9D696F.jpeg
AF4B2A94-30F6-4245-8AAD-019975E66F0B.jpeg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That looks fantastic Clay. A lot of effort I’m sure... but now you have yet another eye-popping feature in your new home that you can be very proud of.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Don’t know how in the hell I missed the beginning of this build!!! WOW!!!!! It was great following along and huge kudos to you on taking on the GC position especially through this pandemic bullshit! It was awesome to follow along and see your boys helping and taking advantage of the time off from school. Very valuable lessons of craftsmanship and blue collar work ethics instilled along the way that will help them in their future walks.
That was the cleanest worksite I’d ever seen and I imagine you being the GC played a huge role in that....👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Congrats to being almost finished and building such a beautiful dream home! ENJOY!!!

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Don’t know how in the hell I missed the beginning of this build!!! WOW!!!!! It was great following along and huge kudos to you on taking on the GC position especially through this pandemic bullshit! It was awesome to follow along and see your boys helping and taking advantage of the time off from school. Very valuable lessons of craftsmanship and blue collar work ethics instilled along the way that will help them in their future walks.
That was the cleanest worksite I’d ever seen and I imagine you being the GC played a huge role in that....👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Congrats to being almost finished and building such a beautiful dream home! ENJOY!!!

Thanks so much, it has been an adventure and at some points I was wondering if I had lost my mind. It was rewarding to have my almost 15 year old ask if his mom had seen the master bath yet, because he put up all the T&G in there and wanted her to see it. Working with all 3 of my sons has been great, my 25 year old is switching jobs and has a month off so I told him come on and I will pay you.

Now I know how Giles, “J”, sgt, etc. feel when they have like 100 notifications.