Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

House building

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Any chance in getting a better description of what type of units? and where exactly they will be? Might possibly suggest an even better solution for you if I know exactly what and where you are talking about. Pictures might help me out if you got'em.
You da man, I know I need #12 wire and (1) 25 amp breaker and (2) 20 amp breakers. here is the layout and plate for each unit.
8426C955-FABD-41F1-8DA9-F77EA4A55362.jpeg
42EB38D8-0920-45FD-A972-CA50EA1B7BD6.jpeg
6095C05F-FD8A-4FC1-BF53-AF35B9EC6AB5.jpeg
2ED692C7-0C1B-4B53-8615-A3EEC747E0D0.jpeg

Reactions: 5Cent and Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
You da man, I know I need #12 wire and (1) 25 amp breaker and (2) 20 amp breakers. here is the layout and plate for each unit. View attachment 132668View attachment 132669View attachment 132670View attachment 132671
I personally would use Liquid-Tight Flexible Metal Conduit (Sealtight) for added strength, durability and protection, plus aesthetics, especially from any dogs that might possibly attempt to chew on it. For instance, one regular larger PVC (1" to 1-1/2") conduit for all the new circuits strapped to the house and the deck, plumbed to a large enough PVC junction box fastened to the deck just off the ground, then Liquid-Tight Flexible Metal Conduit (Sealtight) to each A/C unit w/ required circuit from the box to the service connection of the A/C unit itself and be done with it. Should last a lifetime and never should have to worry about moisture/water or animals eating away at you electric stuff, and in my opinion, it will look so much cleaner and professional. All wire then can be THHN inside what materials I mentioned above.

Good luck! Looks awesome!

Reactions: hickslawns

Clay Showalter

Guilford County
I personally would use Liquid-Tight Flexible Metal Conduit (Sealtight) for added strength, durability and protection, plus aesthetics, especially from any dogs that might possibly attempt to chew on it. For instance, one regular larger PVC (1" to 1-1/2") conduit for all the new circuits strapped to the house and the deck, plumbed to a large enough PVC junction box fastened to the deck just off the ground, then Liquid-Tight Flexible Metal Conduit (Sealtight) to each A/C unit w/ required circuit from the box to the service connection of the A/C unit itself and be done with it. Should last a lifetime and never should have to worry about moisture/water or animals eating away at you electric stuff, and in my opinion, it will look so much cleaner and professional. All wire then can be THHN inside what materials I mentioned above.

Good luck! Looks awesome!
Yea I was thinking along those lines, my understanding is I don’t have to have a disconnect since the breakers are in sight of the units.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Yea I was thinking along those lines, my understanding is I don’t have to have a disconnect since the breakers are in sight of the units.

No disconnect, yes, that is all you should have to do as long as whomever can get to the marked/labeled panel when any service needs to be done on any of the A/C units.

Clay Showalter

Guilford County
We are almost at the end, past my electrical final with only 3 little things to fix. Plumbing and HVAC finals should be this week. Had to take a break as we are moving, closed on our house a couple of weeks ago, to someone we know and he gave us some time to get out. Should have ask for more time but it will work out.

Shitty thing is this is the hottest days of the year, 94 today, 94 tomorrow, 95 Monday.

Also if you didn’t know, moving SUCKS!!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
We are almost at the end, past my electrical final with only 3 little things to fix. Plumbing and HVAC finals should be this week. Had to take a break as we are moving, closed on our house a couple of weeks ago, to someone we know and he gave us some time to get out. Should have ask for more time but it will work out.

Shitty thing is this is the hottest days of the year, 94 today, 94 tomorrow, 95 Monday.

You don’t realize how much shit you own until you have to move.😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

I feel your pain 😂😂😂

Reactions: Clay Showalter