Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

High Low High

Lucky

Sunbury
What a day, sat in this wind from daylight and by 130 hadnt even seen a deer started doubting my area it was one of the best areas ive ever hunted then it got cleared for development they havnt started building but soon they will they left a few little strips of woods and i have some bean fields around i knew there was a few decent shooters in there id seen but around 200 pm a nice what looked to be a 10 pt comes in walking in. He was in a hurry to go to bedding area above me. Unfortunately he didnt take the trail that was all open and comes 20 yrd from stand but angles up the hill that is full of little trees full of small branches there was two little openings at around 30 yrd and he passed first opening then at about 35 yrds theres one more small opening i did the maaaa sound that is the universal sound for "stop deer" and he followed the script perfect took aim fired and watched arrow heading rite behind the shoulder then rite before it hits home it flys strait up smacks another limb and falls rite next to the deer he took a few jumps looked around and just slowly trots off into the brush field. Needless to say it was quite upsetting. Didnt see the little branch in the opening just sat and replayed it in my head wishing for a redo. A big part of me wanted to say fuck it and get down outa climber but stayed and tried to shake it off and tried to convince myself he just wasnt meant for me...of course two hours later no deer still and figured hopefully tom or mon is my day. then caught glimpse of a deer comming from same direction he came from thought this aint happening again was able to stop him before he hit all the brushy trees and my shot hit perfect and the NAP spitfire max did its work went maybey 30 yrds and done. Thus the high the low then the high love mid november no better time to b a deer hunter not a monster but a beautiful buck and memorial one

Attachments

• 20181110_170305.jpg
    20181110_170305.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 20181110_170246.jpg
    20181110_170246.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 260

Lucky

Sunbury
sorry for not getting back on just got done with drag every year i kick my self for no 4 wheeler deer cart helps but still sucks when its qt to half mile to house little better pic

Attachments

• 20181110_215727.jpg
    20181110_215727.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 162

Lucky

Sunbury
thanks appreciate the replies after missing big boy didnt think id feel this good tonight goes to show you just never know what day has in store 4 u

Reactions: "J"