Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Happy first day of Spring!

Yea, right! Whatever! :smiley_arrogant:

I was out working in this "Spring"-like weather, today.
28 degrees, 20+ m.p.h. winds and all the snow flakes that you could catch on your tongue.

I just love Spring-like weather like the one we had today. There's nothing like wearing layers of clothes, Carharts, insulated gloves, thermal boots, wool socks and a ski mask...all the while breathing in the fresh 8 degree wind chilled air. It was just the right temperature to make my sinuses ache, but not collapse my nasal passages, but still get just enough crispness to it to allow my eyes to water enough so that the tears that could run down my face to keep it moist enough not to crack and fall off.

...and yet, it reminds me that pain is my friend. It reminds me that I'm still alive and well. :smiley_blink:

I love Ohio weather! Feel the love!
Bowhunter57

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I love Ohio and would never consider living anywhere else. But it sucks a fat one to live some place that has winter 4-5 months of the year! I don't mind the cold and snow when hunting season is in. But once the season is out, get on with it already!!!

Jake and I were talking back and forth last night about the weather. The only good thing is if this weather stays cold and shitty, it'll help with turkey season. We get screwed with how late we start as is, so some bad weather to delay things will not hurt my feelings at all!!!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Jake and I were talking back and forth last night about the weather. The only good thing is if this weather stays cold and shitty, it'll help with turkey season. We get screwed with how late we start as is, so some bad weather to delay things will not hurt my feelings at all!!!

roger that!

The warm march we had last year hurt. By the time season rolled around, they were almost done breeding.