Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gunsmith Suggestions

Kempire

Bought a new pistol and am scrapping the factory sights. I don't have the tools to drift out the rear and don't particularly want to make a mess of things trying. Can anyone recommend a spot in the Akron/Canton area that could swap my sights out for me. I have the new sights just need someone to switch them out. Preferably someone who does good work and doesn't charge an arm and leg considering it's a relatively easy job.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
1AE703DE-C63C-42E7-916A-9BD1E650FF6C.jpeg

Not in the Akron/Canton area but this guys about a half hour from you in Alliance.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not personally but have talked to a few who did and spoke highly of him.

Any self respecting gun enthusiast would be able to do what you need, especially if their into building AR platforms. They’ll have the required tools laying around

Kempire

Yeah, I used to have a sight drift and sold it because I never used it. Kind of regretting it now because it's not a hard job. I appreciate the reply

Kempire

Front sight was cake. Rear took a little massaging and I didn't think I was ever going to get that sucker centered, but all in all not bad. Less than an hour.

Reactions: giles and Dustinb80

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dude, you got some seriously fucked up toes.

I don't want to derail this thread about his work but seriously Dustin? How did you notice his toes when we were all looking at the gun parts? Why did you notice them? He's a dude. Dude feet shouldn't matter ugly or not. I'm a little concerned for you. Does your wife know about your dude foot fetish? 😂

Reactions: "J"