Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2015 Season Log

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I wish guys! Thanks for the vote of confidence. Tomorrow morning has potential. Great weather

I've got no doubt you'll score on a good one buddy.... It'll happen.... Lots of respect for doing it with the stick and string....

Gordo

Athens County
Here's the same write up from the "live from the stand" so i can try to keep the seasons happenings in one spot.

Fugg. Had a dandy of a main frame 10 heading my way trailing a doe. She was acting sketchy from the moment i saw her. I bumped two while climbing my stand, and am thinking she was one of them. Shit, prob was both of them.

So i watch her for about 10 minutes. She's slowly workin my way and stopped in one spot about 30 yards out for 5 minutes doing the head bob and stomping, trying to make me. She finally gets moving again my direction and looks behind her. Shr's about 30 out. I look that way and here comes a main fraime 10 with split brows at least on one side. He gets to about 30 yards, catches up with her, see's she is a bit on edge and he stands there trying to figure out wtf. Seemed like that part lasted forever, but it was prob only a minute. Next thing you know they both turn and walk slowly back the way they came from. I grunted, he turned and looked, and then they both picked up the pace outta there.

Fugg. Too damn close. Thought he was going to come into range. I practice at 30 with the recurve, but its too fuggin far to attempt at something breathing.

What really screwed me is her having me pegged. That old slut watched me crawl up into my tree this morning. Gurantee it. Bad luck. Argh.

Great hunt. Of course im leaving town tomorrow as the property is the hottest its been. Sum a biotch! Thats life. Really just happy to be into them. Itd be nice to catch a break! So damn close

Gordo

Athens County
Additional: good action took place shortly after 9am. also saw 4 additional does and one smaller buck. The shooter was a different 10 then the deer I was onto on sunday. He'd go mid 130's and was sporting at least one split brow. Going to deploy cameras

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Prolly got his ear to the opossum hole as Charlene Darling would say....lol

I hope he's still out after em and we get a IKS thread here soon!

Gordo

Athens County
Ha. Mind has been outta the woods, but damn I need to get out there.

My old man was supposed to be coming down today through the weekend. Not happening due to my mom dealing with some health issues. Fuckin sucks. Her mobility is shit lately due to 'gout' in both legs. Just really hoping she is alright and bounces back.

Been dealing with a whirlwind of other shit lately Too.

Just trucking along.

With that being said, i did help a buddy out over gun season and was able to teach him some good general hunting stuff.

He was having a rough start to the week and came to me frusurated. I dont hunt the property he was on but have scouted it out. Pointed him a spot to sit and he dropped the hammer on a doe next hunt. The next day, he hit same spot, and took about a 80 yard shot on a doe. He found nothing but hair as it got dark. He called me, told me how he lost one, and what had happened. I offerred up my time at sunrise and was able to help him locate her. The dude learned alot and i can see him becoming a great, ethical, bowhunter. Pretty cool to help him along.

Hope some positive voodoo comes my way!

I'll b back at it in a day or two. Good little break, but im ready to deflate one.....

Gordo

Athens County
Went on a very impromptu stalk the last hour of dark.

Alot of fun. Really just needed a walk, but took my bow. Saw a couple does once i started making my way down a pathway.

Next thing you know im doubling back around after spotting them; crawling through brush; the full experience. Ha. Got to within 20 of a big doe, but it was a thick 20 yards. No deer ever blew. Got out undetected. They simply just walked the other way. It was awesome. Much needed.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Glad to hear you're still planning on gettin back after em Gordo! Hope your mom gets to doing better! Good luck buddy!

Great job in helping your buddy out!!! Good stuff!

Gordo

Athens County
Going to be doing the first real cam check of the year in a couple days. Pretty excited to 'hopefully' get some pics of a couple bucks ive been hunting. Also interested to see if there are any slungers on other properties i havent spent alot of time on this year.

Should be able to find a couple id be more then happy to shoot the second half of this season.

120's+ and mature/maxed out will put me in pursuit.

In the meantime, the next doe that comes by is going to get stuck.

Been shooting the recurve a shit ton with the nice weather we have been having. Feeling automatic.

Enough talky talk. I b hungry

Gordo

Athens County
Good to see this guy is still around. I'll b putting some time in on him. Second buck could b a good one if he gets bigger. More cam checks to come.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450458024.038636.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450458044.276744.jpg