Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2013-2014 Hunting Journal

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Maybe something changed his pattern Gordo. Someone cutting firewood or something like that. I have so much unwanted intrusion on the farm I hunt but there's nothing I can do about it. It's not uncommon for a mature buck to just up and change his pattern. Another corn pile and maybe he's locked down with a young doe that came in estrous. That'd be my guess! Don't get down and stay focused. He'll be back....

Gordo

Athens County
I'm starting to think i have some sheds to look for....

That wouldnt bother me one bit. He can really be special next year if he's still alive. I'll keep you guys posted. Checkin cams tomorrow.

Need a daytime pic showing his 'socks' to verify

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There is still time. If not him, there are always some others out there. You are correct though. He makes it to next year and LOOK OUT!

Diablo54

Outside
I'm starting to think i have some sheds to look for....

That wouldnt bother me one bit. He can really be special next year if he's still alive. I'll keep you guys posted. Checkin cams tomorrow.

Need a daytime pic showing his 'socks' to verify

Can I help!????

Gordo

Athens County
Well after all that freaking out i believe old boy shed during that cold snap. With the frozen ground i should be able to verify. He's got distinctive white socks above his hooves. Lately its too muddy to tell.

Im hoping to find his sheds and am thinking big things for next year. He made huge jumps from 2.5 to 4.5. He could be ridiculous next year.

Still a tough pill to swallow. Alot of time and energy spent. I should have been able to kill him. Still learning.

I'm not giving up on filling my buck tag yet. Will be checking some cams today in hopes of finding a mature buck to get after these next two weeks to round my season out. For whatever reason i have no desire to wack a doe this late in the game, but my dads coming down for the weekend and i think hes ready to get his hands bloody.

I really want to find those sheds

Gordo

Athens County
Had a familiar face show up. Found one of his sheds last year. He's got it all except tine length. Bummer that he has that busted g3.

Last year

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389935495.482644.jpg

This year

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389935569.754638.jpg

Cool to have one show that i have some history with.

The nice 10 is still around also. Found a shed of his two years ago. Im going to put some time in on him. He's mature and worthy of an arrow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389935704.288066.jpg

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
My old man rolled into town. Where going to check some cams in the morning and then get him setup for an evening sit.

Going to be a fun, relaxing morning. Just what the dr ordered