Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Garbage disposall

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am in th process of pulling the dishwasher

Ok.. Also take a look outside and see if that wire comes out and goes to that grounding rod.. The wire going to it should 1. be within feet of where the main supply lines comes into the house. and 2. is usually a slightly thicker bare uninsulated wire.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Well after getting the back yard neighbor over here he determined everything was wired and grounded properly. The dishwasher ground line was a fix the previous installer did bc he cut the original ground off and instead of cutting the wire back and grounding it properly he just got a spare wire and grounded to the DW and ran it back to the pipe and gounded it. Then they attached the copper line to the DW pushed it back into place and feed the copper line under the sink and hooked it up to the supply line. Now tomorrow I am cutting the power line and re attaching and grounding it right and putting a plastic line for water that has some slack so I can pull the DW out if needed in the future.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Oh I forot to say that he thinks the disposall just might be going bad or I had my ground too close to the hot line in the switch box and it might of jumped across. Well if it shocks one more time its going back to menards.