Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fury’s garage/man cave project

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
3121096E-AC60-47FB-A9B2-D6730061D796.jpeg
D18CA3B2-4C3A-4D8F-9FA3-FE9373742B23.jpeg
ECF9458F-45C2-4FD8-B28A-CD9E9DEDCB1C.jpeg
358077F4-496C-4D79-9696-3ED54FAABE6C.jpeg
64DB0201-A1DD-4EE1-B2E7-981C6D4A1B55.jpeg

I removed the aviary and raised garden last year in preparation for this build. About two weeks ago I had the building site leveled and compacted. Took 5 loads of fill to bring the lower end up to grade. Tomorrow the company that is putting up the metal building is going to start the work. After they get the garage up, then the concrete and insulation. It’s going to have electric, water, cable tv and gas run out there. I’ll post pics as it progresses. When the building is complete, I’m going to put asphalt from the garage to the driveway...then put stone around the back side to stop any erosion.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Was trying to figure out the odd tracks. That was the compactor I'm guessing? Sheep's foot?

30x50'?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Man that’s gonna be sweet. I’d like to build a camp that size. Let me know what is the finished cost, along w how much you sub out when it’s complete.

Currently my wife wants to build a lodge. I asked her does she know the difference between a lodge, second home and a camp. All I got was an evil stare. [emoji2373]

Fletch

Supporting Member
Fury.... Remember you live in the People's Republic of New Jersey so..... Make sure you get all your building permits.... Tax collector gonna love you...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Fury.... Remember you live in the People's Republic of New Jersey so..... Make sure you get all your building permits.... Tax collector gonna love you...
Already got the variances and permit...bldg inspector was already here to check the footings...he told them they need to be 3” deeper. Our town has a history of having asshole inspectors...they always find something wrong.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Already got the variances and permit...bldg inspector was already here to check the footings...he told them they need to be 3” deeper. Our town has a history of having asshole inspectors...they always find something wrong.
You got that right... Just gotta bust your balls.. Years ago, along with working my regular job I had a small landscaping business... A customer asked me if I could replace some rotten boards on a small deck... Upon checking it out the joists were rotten... So he asked if I could replace it... I did, and exceeded building guide lines... Turns out couple months later house had a fire... So building inspector came out after fire damage was repaired and noticed new deck... Whoa... I don't remember a permit for that deck??? So I got a call and had to submit plans and get a permit... Well he failed me... He said deck was better than required, BUT... Steps failed, height of some steps varied... Now steps were from many years ago and were poured concrete with flagstone... I didn't touch steps... But he said I created a condition.. HUH??? Again I didn't touch them.. He said fix um.. Top them off with some concrete... What??? You know now I am creating a condition as first frost will lift that layer and become loose... So I did it and he failed me again as one step was 1/16 off...Totally busting my balls... Next summer I'm doing my roof... I have a permit... Turns out builder used particle board.. WTF.. So I'm up on roof ripping it up and replacing it with 5/8 inch plywood.. Who pulls in driveway, same building inspector... He asks what I'm doing?? I responded with: I'm replacing the particle board that SOME ASSHOLE BUILDING INSPECTOR oked... If you look on window you'll see permit... Look on his face was priceless..