Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fullbore and Finelsheddeds shed hunting adventures of 2016

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's not permanent or anything but me and the person who found the shed met up to put them together to take some pictures! Plus, he hadn't seen the skull yet.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Stereotypes__Hunting_2.jpg

You mean like this? :biggrin:

Screenshot from the classic dude perfect hunting stereotypes video.

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ric... Good for you on the find... Being new on the site I guess I missed the original encounter or history you had with this buck. So whats the story??? Hopefully this guy left his genes somewhere for you down the road.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ric... Good for you on the find... Being new on the site I guess I missed the original encounter or history you had with this buck. So whats the story??? Hopefully this guy left his genes somewhere for you down the road.

No history with this deer Rich! Just by far the largest racked buck I've ever found and I've covered hundreds of miles in all my years! I do hunt within a mile of this deers home core though. It's just one of those areas though that they they seldom leave unless something drastic happens that bumps them out.

The buck I killed last year ran the same property and evidently got pressured off the property and I was just fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and made it happen.

I'm just fortunate to have permission to shed hunt 4 large properties within or boarding this special area.

Fletch

Supporting Member
No history with this deer Rich! Just by far the largest racked buck I've ever found and I've covered hundreds of miles in all my years! I do hunt within a mile of this deers home core though. It's just one of those areas though that they they seldom leave unless something drastic happens that bumps them out.

The buck I killed last year ran the same property and evidently got pressured off the property and I was just fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and made it happen.

I'm just fortunate to have permission to shed hunt 4 large properties within or boarding this special area.

Gotcha.. I thought you might of had a close encounter with him earlier in the year.. Although this would have brought a sad ending finding him dead like that.. I'll bet the kid gives you the other side.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gotcha.. I thought you might of had a close encounter with him earlier in the year.. Although this would have brought a sad ending finding him dead like that.. I'll bet the kid gives you the other side.

This young boy actually had a up close encounter of the deer when he was in his climbing stand hunting yotes with his .17 instead of his xbow.
We both are checking out the possibilities of having replicas made so we both can have a set.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron and I are both pretty much done looking for sheds as life gets pretty busy for us and many of you this time of year. Anywho, we always keep our eyes peeled for them whenever we're both out in the outdoors. Well yesterday Ron stopped by some AEP ground for some mushroom hunting and ran across this one.

I believe it makes #21.

I made it to #16 but hope to reach 20 myself.