Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Full bore and Finelyshedded Shed thread of 2014

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dirty Laundry by Don Henley

Is the head dead yet......lol

Dang shame! I have no history with this deer but it easily could have ran on property I hunt. It appears to me to be another EHD casualty as it died during the velvet period some time and is laying close to a creek.

You can see the creek in the background.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Called the LO that the deadhead I found is on and got permission from him to go get it after receiving an email from the GW that after reviewing the 3 pics I sent him he said I can have it and the carcass permit is in the mail to me.
Damn that thing still stinks! Looks like I'll be breaking out my boiling pot again...lol

I'm going to attempt making them into some type of lamp or man cave deco.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's an awesome suggestion Dennis as I don't have a camo one yet. Let me think about it as it is a very white rack and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet! Thanks for the offer though buddy! If I decide to do it ill just bring it to the TOO bowshoot/campout.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This was me last night! Lol

I decided to boil the antlers alittle as well to get the rest of the velvet off. I would have liked to have left it on but that stuff stunk as well and I'd like to eventually be allowed to bring it inside! LMAO

I made a lot of headway with it but it needs some more attention but I'm better than 80% there. I'll post up pics when its all done. The rack is really white because he didn't get to do any rubbing so it will look much different than most deadheads.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is going to be a cool keep sake when you're done! I don't suppose you ate any of that soup did ya?