Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Formerly “teen”bowhunter’s 2019 season

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Two weeks in Georgia had very little turkey action. Called in a couple hens and saw some beautiful mornings.

My uncle just picked me up and we’re driving to NM for some turkey hunting. Should be a great time, here’s some pics of his front yard last spring.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Birds moved down into the valley with all the snow. Found almost no sign on a 4 mile hike yesterday. Towards the end of the hike one of my bugles got a shock gobble near the house.

I headed towards that area this morning. It was below 20 so the birds were cold and just fluffed up in the sun unresponsive. I started trying to sneak in on the flock but a jake popped out and saw my shape in the grass. He strutted up to fifty yards from me and started drumming. I’ve never watched one drum but he lowered his fan to the ground and brought his wings forward like he was breeding and started dancing, is this normal?

The flock started to work up the dirt driveway so I circled back and set up but they ended up working up into the woods so I left to catch my online lectures.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Crazy that he didn't fork those points. Interesting. The is for sharing man. I always love following along on your adventures.

Two super cool bucks. There’s a few different gene pools on the property and that’s one of the rarer ones.

Hopefully I can share some dead turkeys soon. Supposed to rain all week then jump up into the 70s next week.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
I want to see a pic of that shed you found yesterday.

Haha not sure which one, haven’t had too many fresh ones but here’s the last couple. My uncle has started letting too many people hunt and they killed a shit load of bucks last year.

This morning the Tom I’ve been hunting for over a week got shot just across the fence, along with the jake he was with. Two or three others also got shot. The public land Saturday...