Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's Quest For A 600+ lb Jersey Bear...

Fletch

Supporting Member
This might be George... He's really gotta lay off the donuts... Pic is from 2 years ago...

IMG_20200920_094446.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Thanks Ric..... On a side note pics 2 & 3 it appears that bear is BIG..... Not really, that camera is only about 1 1/2 ft. off the ground, so bear is laying right in front of it... Very deceiving... Heres a pic of the Sow with mange and her 3 cub's born that Jan... First cub is telling the others: Come on guys Mom found some goodies... I'm sure they were eating all my corn last night... Thats ok... Nice knowing I'm giving them a full belly.... Now the coons... Pain in The Ass.... View attachment 109862As a side note check out this LARD ASS.... George that you????
CB4714F3-A13E-44A1-A505-E54EA104F19A.gif

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went to bait and check cameras today... Bear shit everywhere, guess they are eating good... All food gone... Got home eager to check sd cards and found one camera just took 2 pics of me when I arrived.... Rest of week was blank... WTF??? Other sd card had the same bears as last week... Only newcomer was one with a white blaze on his chest.... Nice bear but not big enough... Gonna put out a cam this week where I had several big ones last year.....

IMG_20200926_173401.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Cool marking!
Yeh Dave, it is a very cool and unique marking... To most bear hunters to get a bear with a "white blaze or chevron" on its chest is the "cats meow"...
And this one has a large patch of white... Showed the pic to a friend and he said: Wow cool bear hope you get him... My response was nope he gets a pass... His response was: You should just stay home... Goal for this year is 500 lbs or better... They are out there just gotta find one... I got 2 weeks from today... Going to plan "B" this week... Also gotta take a gallon of bacon grease where I was yesterday so all these other bears I'm feeding gets it on their feet to leave scent trails to my bait pile, and hopefully a big bear finds it... In the meantime I'll keep letting them put on weight and energy for their winters sleep....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very cool white patch bear. I admire those who make their goals and stick to them. Good luck in your search.

Reactions: Fletch

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I just finished reading your thread and a buddy sent me that pic. They like picking on me cause I have a bear problem (no tags given). Figured I’d pick on you.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
LOL.... I didn't see this and created a new thread... With bears everywhere they want to stop it.... Shit and I don't have a target bear located yet... Hope that changes soon.... Might be last chance guys, might be TOO late for next week.... BUT... They will be legal again with the gun first week of Dec... When you can also harvest a buck....