Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Suppressed Coyote

My first set brought in a hawk, which veered away, as soon as it got close enough to figure out, the MOJO Critter. :LOL:

The second set was downwind of a woods, 70 yards out into a corn field, where I set up my MOJO Critter with my Icotech 350 e-caller. I ran the Spazz Rabbit for about 5 minutes, when this 37 lb. male came charging out to the decoy. He stopped about 20 yards shy of the decoy and that's when I laid the crosshairs of my Vortex 6-24x50 on his shoulder and squeezed off the shot. When the 55 gr. V-Max hit him, he went into a "death spin" and ran back into the woods. (y) I let the caller run for a couple more minutes, shut it off and went to see where he ran off. The blood trail was as good as any broadhead hit deer and he barely made it 30 yards into the woods, where he bounced off a this sapling before he hit the dirt. :cool: Love this Savage Axis II XP 22-250!

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 201
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 196
  • C4.jpg
    C4.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 190
  • C5.jpg
    C5.jpg
    607 KB · Views: 196
what suppressor?
Hedgelj,
I used the Form 1 and built it myself. I was approved in 16 days vs. 6 or 7 months with Form 4.
Solvent Traps Direct has a website where I made my purchases, for all the parts. Approx. $380, plus the $200 Federal Tax Stamp.
An 8" titanium tube with titanium ends and stainless steel spacers and cones inside.
My 22-250 uses my reloads of a 55 gr. Hornady V-Max @ 3700 fps and the 243 uses a 75 gr. Hornady V-Max @ 3400 fps....and sounds like a 22 rimfire. Well, worth it for your own hearing, not spooking game or rousting the neighbors.

Bowhunter57

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Hedgelj,
I used the Form 1 and built it myself. I was approved in 16 days vs. 6 or 7 months with Form 4.
Solvent Traps Direct has a website where I made my purchases, for all the parts. Approx. $380, plus the $200 Federal Tax Stamp.
An 8" titanium tube with titanium ends and stainless steel spacers and cones inside.
My 22-250 uses my reloads of a 55 gr. Hornady V-Max @ 3700 fps and the 243 uses a 75 gr. Hornady V-Max @ 3400 fps....and sounds like a 22 rimfire. Well, worth it for your own hearing, not spooking game or rousting the neighbors.

Bowhunter57
Nice, I've not done any form 1s but am familiar with the form 4 process.

Reactions: Bowhunter57

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hedgelj,

Bowhunter57

I was doing some reading on the Form 1 builds and people mentioned that you're allowed to change parts and do repairs while the device is still in the build phase, but once it's complete you can't repair it and would have to scrap the device or have a class III person repair it. Most recommended keeping a log of performance, likes, dislikes, test results etc. This would prove that you're still "building" and haven't completed the device.