Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Night Vision Coyote Kill

My first Night Vision coyote kill...FINALLY! 👍😎
There were about 8 coons in the field and they could care less about my call sounds. I tried rabbit distress, then jack rabbit distress and meant to hit the coyote pup distress. However, I hit the coon fight/distress instead and that brought a pair of coyotes running.
I had just enough time to run on the video, pick one and shoot. They were getting downwind of me, quick. The male caught my wind and bolted the way they came, but the female hung around long enough for me to have a misfire (light firing pin strike), run the bolt and take the shot.
I found the "down button" with my Savage 22-250 and a 55 gr. V-Max @ 3500 fps.

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 272
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 312
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 261
Congrats.

Great setup as well. I seen the video and pics on FB. If you upgrade or get bored with that setup look me up. I was thinking ATN but that sightmark looks good.
The only upgrade I'd consider would be a build on an AR-10 in 243. :cool:
As for the scope... I did a lot of research, before making this purchase. There were a lot of nightmare stories about ATN. Their customer service was horrible and their NV scopes "crashed" a lot.
I watched some pod casts on YouTube with Outdoor Legacy Gear, called "The Late Night Vision Show". They sell everything for night hunting. The most common complaint with ATN was that they try to put too many features into the scope, which caused it to crash and there were constant film ware updates, but they often created more issues.
In this last year, the complaints have the attention of ATN and they've made some huge changes with their current line of products.

Just the same, I chose a brand and then chose a model. Sightmark had the least amount of scope issues and customer complaints. As for thermal....well, maybe in another 10 years, when the technology allows the price to be affordable....without a payment book. :rolleyes:
On the FB section of Ohio Coyote Hunters....Todd Gallespie has a shop in Proctorville, Oh., called Todd's Sporting Goods. I purchase my Sightmark Wraith HD, from him for $499 and he had it to my door in 2 days. (y) I hope this helps.

Bowhunter57
P.S. Who are you on FB? RedCloud? PM me.

Reactions: RedCloud

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The only upgrade I'd consider would be a build on an AR-10 in 243. :cool:
As for the scope... I did a lot of research, before making this purchase. There were a lot of nightmare stories about ATN. Their customer service was horrible and their NV scopes "crashed" a lot.
I watched some pod casts on YouTube with Outdoor Legacy Gear, called "The Late Night Vision Show". They sell everything for night hunting. The most common complaint with ATN was that they try to put too many features into the scope, which caused it to crash and there were constant film ware updates, but they often created more issues.
In this last year, the complaints have the attention of ATN and they've made some huge changes with their current line of products.

Just the same, I chose a brand and then chose a model. Sightmark had the least amount of scope issues and customer complaints. As for thermal....well, maybe in another 10 years, when the technology allows the price to be affordable....without a payment book. :rolleyes:
On the FB section of Ohio Coyote Hunters....Todd Gallespie has a shop in Proctorville, Oh., called Todd's Sporting Goods. I purchase my Sightmark Wraith HD, from him for $499 and he had it to my door in 2 days. (y) I hope this helps.

Bowhunter57
P.S. Who are you on FB? RedCloud? PM me.

I have been reading a lot of negatives for ATN and the firmware crashes and blackouts as well as the poor customer service. I am on Ohio coyote hunter FB page as well and that's where I seen your post. I really wish I had the funds for thermal but that's going to be awhile down the road. I just seen a guy with a heck of a deal on his setup that lives in your neighborhood. Almost sent him a IM about it. I might have to look into getting ahold of Todd when I'm ready. I sent you a friend request this afternoon on FB if that helps lol.

Reactions: Bowhunter57

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member