Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelyshedded and Fullbore shed finds of 2016-2017 season

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Pretty funny stuff Windy!

I found my numbers 10 and 11 this afternoon. Both are freshy's with some rodent damage. Of course the bigger one received more attention. The last time I hit this area was 3/16 and I found a small freshy. These were not there then and prolly fell this past week with the bigger one within the past few days. It was chewed almost clear through and the marrow was bloody looking. The critters get on them fast.....fuggers!

Here's the first one which blended in pretty well. I took two pics from different angles.

The larger one found about 60 yards from the small one I found earlier today.

Big Weff

Athens
Pretty funny stuff Windy!

I found my numbers 10 and 11 this afternoon. Both are freshy's with some rodent damage. Of course the bigger one received more attention. The last time I hit this area was 3/16 and I found a small freshy. These were not there then and prolly fell this past week with the bigger one within the past few days. It was chewed almost clear through and the marrow was bloody looking. The critters get on them fast.....fuggers!

Here's the first one which blended in pretty well. I took two pics from different angles.

The larger one found about 60 yards from the small one I found earlier today.

Do you think the smaller of the two was washed down the creek to where you found it? If I'm walking along a creek I always look at damned up areas just hoping to find one jammed up haha. It's been to no avail so far but thats on my list of hopeful/ cool places to find a shed

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I walked about 3 miles during the last 1.75 hours of daylight tonight and found my # 12 and 13. Both were a year old with the nicer one being chewed up pretty bad of course...ugh. Both were pretty easy for me to spot so that leads me to believe they dropped last year after greenup was heavy and most of the shed hunters had given up.

Here's the nicer one which I found laying next to a large group of round bales siting inside the edge of a block of timber.

Here's is the dink I found laying half submerged in standing water in a ditchline running through the woods.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Good stuff, Ric! I plan on walking some new ground with a buddy on Saturday. Hopefully find a couple more, it's greening up quick here!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yes Chad, it's getting tougher to see by the day in these parts as well! With all this rain and warm temps it's not only hurting the shed hunting but increasing the yard work we all have to deal with as well.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys!

Walked a good 5.5 to 6 miles today and only found another year old chew toy! This thing was hardly worth picking up but I didn't want to get skunked again! I had plenty of them days already!rotflmao

Found a skeleton of a lil critter. Took a pic cuz you rarely find them intact like this!