Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelyshedded and Fullbore shed finds of 2016-2017 season

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I also found this screwdriver laying in the middle of an AG field and by the amount of bite marks on the handle it appeared to been in the mouths of yotes or dogs quite a bit.

I didn't get out to shed hunt today like I hoped but instead got a ton of work done around the house and in the yard. It's almost overwhelming how much work we all have pile up during the early stages of spring! Lol

I hope to get back out some this week after work if I can get free.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Walked about 2 miles till dark tonight after getting home from work and found my #15th. Nice 2.5 year old buck musta finally shed one. It was in perfect shape with no chews and was laying in a woods thick with squirrels so it hadn't been laying long and I went through there less than 2 weeks ago.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys! I'm not giving up just yet! Still have the drive due to not having much time to get out as I would have liked. Anyway, I went out for an hour and a half tonight and found another DH. It's was laying about 100 yards further up the creek bottom from where I found the DH about 2 months ago. It's prolly a big reason our buck sightings were down this past season and why our shed numbers are down as well.

ATL pic

I thought it might have been this guy but it's not but could be his twin if he had one.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well I walked my ass off from 9:30 to 1:45 today and didn't find a thing! Took a few pics though.

Saw the red fox just as I was getting started this morning. Sorry for the crappy pic

Saw my second turtle on the move this year.....FUGG....lol

Fletch

Supporting Member
Makes you wonder how these deer meet their demise... I found 2 dead bucks in Illinois last month.. Shame...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Makes you wonder how these deer meet their demise... I found 2 dead bucks in Illinois last month.. Shame...

Good question Rich. It's only my speculation but the property the two I found relatively close to each other on has a lot of hunting pressure on and around it. The one Karissa found died right after velvet peel and hadn't done any rubbing yet as the antlers were much whiter and the burrs,points and other stickers were sharper too. Seems to be common when finding bucks hit by vehicles during late velvet or freshly shed velvet which leads me to believe hers died of EHD or blue tongue or other disease. The two I found though I'm leaning towards wounded by a hunter but a vehicle collision is a possibility as well.

Coincidentally I've been seeing a lot of roadkills lately!!! WTH is up with that???? Must have seen a dozen between C-bus and KI yesterday off I-71!

Last edited: