Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelyshedded and Fullbore shed finds of 2016-2017 season

Fletch

Supporting Member
I walked a good bit on Friday and Saturday and got skunked. Not seeing a ton of sign either which is part of my problem plus many are still carrying.

Ron took his SIL, Nick out and he found 2 yesterday. Here's the only ATL pic that was sent to me.

Nick with his finds

Ron bought a finished cedar tree off a friend to display a small portion of his collection

I like the cedar tree idea.. I've been kicking around doing something similar with a tree. Maybe hanging an old Baker on it to be used as a shelf, add in a couple racks, maybe an old hornets nest... We'll see.. But looking very good Ron...

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Thanks Rich. Nick and I had a great time together. He has an unbelievable since of humor, so there's never a dull moment. Lol
I was impressed with his ability to find the tough ones now. Just goes to show that once you start finding more and more sheds. They get easier to spot in the brush, mud and muck.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You could prolly hand more on that pole if you connected sets with rope/string and hung them bro. Personally I'd hang them curling around the pole to tighten it up a bit. Still looks great though....:smiley_clap:

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron found his #'s 27 and 28 yesterday but they were last years drops. One had some rodent damage and the other not and both were nice size sheds from 2 different bucks we believe.

I found a freshy last night making it my #9 so far. I walked for 2.5 hours solid last night and it was the very first shed I found on this property after walking it for 4-5 years and 2-3 times each of those years! It's 90 acres and has not been hunted for many years I was told by the owner. Just another glaring reminder why I seem to struggle finding sheds in my areas. The buck numbers are just way down and have been for 4-5 years. Oh well, I walked 5 plus miles and got some exercise.

I'll post pics when I can get PB working again...:smiley_confused_vra

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Finally got PB working again!

Here's Rons finds

My find

Another angle

Tonight at deer camp Ron and our buddy Stacey popped the antler off the skull of the deadhead I found last year...wish I had gotten it on camera as it didn't take much effort at all!

The typical 6 pt side taped 90.5 and the 5 pt side taped at 79" even so giving him a convervative 17" inside spread this buck was an 186.5" gross typical.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The ATL pics of Ron's sheds aren't paired up correctly with the pics of them laying out in the open and I'm not going to change it. rotflmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Many miles walked between Ron and I and our daughters this weekend with nothing found. I'll post pics of a few sights when I can get PB to start working again...uggggh

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Big rub made on our lease by buck we believe is now dead

Old big buck rub line that appeared to be touched up again this year. Ron and I use to hunt this property till the leasing went off the chart around us.

Last edited: