Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FB and FS shed hunting 2017/18

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welp, walked in the misty rain for over 3 hours today and covered most of one farm today. Still have another 1/3 left to walk but I ran out of time today. Might finish up tomorrow weather permitting. Found my first shed, small but fresh and no chews which makes me very happy. Not the best ATL pic but this is how I saw it as I happened upon it.

I also found a deadhead and took couple of pics. Sad, but I usually find 2-4 a year while shed hunting. The first pic is from the hair patch to the carcass.

Found some nice rubs today. I’d love to find the sheds to the buck that made these if he’s still alive!

Reactions: at1010

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys!

Brian, you need to post your nice shed pic in the ATL thread. The tines sticking up through the snow was neat. I bet he jarred it loose jumping over that log.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys!

I got in a couple more hours today and found #2, another small but clean freshy which is good. Had some faint blood on the pedical.

Ron had a cool encounter today. He put out a snare near the deadhead he found and caught this guy. He said his release was successful but took some doin. I’ll let him explain.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah, talk about a tricky release! Lol
This red tailed hawk looked to be a juvenile, but none the less it was ready for a fight. I was glad to have my walking stick with me. I managed to get it between its neck and cable. Then I used another stick to pull the snare open. After it was released it just stood there! Lol I turned around and did a scan for sheds through my binos for a couple seconds. When I turned back around it was gone.