Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Facebook Marketplace.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Screenshot_20190115-202353.png
Screenshot_20190115-202833.png

20190101_131806.jpg

Alright folks. Here is my adventure of selling my stainless steel second gen toyota tacoma nerf bars on fb market place. I listed these dirty but otherwise nice nerf bars for $150. Over the next eight hours i would recieve a dozen messeges from hispanic non english speaking type guys. I have no problem taking their money but communicating with them was a huge pain in the ass. I also dont understand why the exclusive intrest in these nerf bars comes from the hispanic community.
These are the the fucko's that I actually tried to sell the nerf bars to. Thank god i didnt have to run through the list of twelve before selling them.
Ismael
Jesus
Jorge
Hermyldo
Rual
Hector ruis
Juan

Good ol' Ismael agreed to meet me at the safeway near my house. He showed up drunk and mildly confrontational so I left. As you can see from ismael's profile picture it is aperent he likes to drink while driving.
received_610720089345602.jpeg

So we move on to Jesus. Jesus turned out to be hardly literate in spanish or english. Even the spanish speaking airmen I work couldnt figure out what he was saying. So Jesus is out.

Jorge like Jesus had such a poor command of spanish he tried to communicate with me emojis. Jorge is out. After I sent him a ton of thumbs down and poop emojis to get across to him he was out his boss Jill calls me. She calls me on facebook messenger and calls me a racist, bigot...ect. Every women i have met named Jill is a cunt and she lives up to that stereotype.

received_1951964935099489.jpeg

This is dual pellet wielding dickhead is hermyldo. By now i have learned a good number of spanish phrases. with that and the help of google translate I can communicate pretty good with my list of potential buyers. This is day three of having the ad up on FB market place. I told a few people at work about my adventure so far. So by now i am being asked to give updates on the adventure. It is also at this time SrA danny Pineiro volunteers to be my interpreter. We set up a meeting time and place hermyldo. When he shows up in a 90's silverado i already know this is going to go poorly. This guy is all a wannbe gangster. Hermyldo keeps calling danny vato, esa and other ghetto mexican terms. Danny is like this guy is a punk and he is pissing me off. Hermyldo figures out that these nerf bars unsurprisingly will not fit his silverado. So we quickly pairt ways.

Rual for some reason couldnt meet until the weekend. However i tell him if i still have them by then he can buy them.

So this brings us to hector ruis. We tell hector that if he wants them he has to meet today because i already have a buyer lined up for the weekend. He says he can meet us at 5pm.

Juan messeges me shortly after we made a arrangement hector. Danny tells him that this is a hot item and if he wants them he must meet us right away. He also tells him the price is now $200. Juan agrees. So we met him within 30 minutes at the safeway. Juan shows up with a beat up first gen tacoma. This guys hands would make a tacoma homeless bum's hands look clean. Anyway he tries out the nerf bars, gives me the money and danny tells him no refunds.

received_576145769475653.jpeg

Hector was very upset that i would sell the nerf bars out from under him. We tell him too damn bad because we had another buyer come in at a higher price.

I am extremely happy that these damn nerf bars are sold and i dont have to deal with this anymore. I have never had such a hard time selling anything in my life.

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
LOL, one more good reason to NEVER get on Facebook. happy you were able to get an extra fiddy for the trouble. the world if full of retarded dickheads. I went through a similar struggle trying to sell my old bandsaw on Craigslist years ago. I'm pretty sure that every south end (of Columbus) hillbilly with a 7th grade education wanted to buy it. I finally sold it to some dude who drove off with a 12" craftsman bandsaw on a mobile stand sticking about halfway out of the trunk of his junky ford Taurus, but I did have him come to my house to get it. I was open carrying my PM9 when he showed up, over an hour late, of course. clearly, the gun made him a little nervous, but he was quite cordial and eager to load up and leave. perfect. that was the last time I tried to sell anything on Craigslist. I take everything I cannot sell directly to a friend or acquaintance to Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. donation is tax deductible, and I have no more hassles or face to face meetings with morons. I've taken furniture, tools, full gallons of paint, tree stands, flower pots, old light fixtures an old lawn mower and cultivator. they take almost anything.

Holy hell that was hilarious!! We've encountered a few dandies over the last couple years selling things on marketplace. The best are the ones who forgot some of their money when they arrived to buy things. Never ever will I let my wife sell something that I am not there and in a very very public place if not the local PD parking lot.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
View attachment 71957
Alright folks. Here is my adventure of selling my stainless steel second gen toyota tacoma nerf bars on fb market place. I listed these dirty but otherwise nice nerf bars for $150. Over the next eight hours i would recieve a dozen messeges from hispanic non english speaking type guys. I have no problem taking their money but communicating with them was a huge pain in the ass. I also dont understand why the exclusive intrest in these nerf bars comes from the hispanic community.
These are the the fucko's that I actually tried to sell the nerf bars to. Thank god i didnt have to run through the list of twelve before selling them.
Ismael
Jesus
Jorge
Hermyldo
Rual
Hector ruis
Juan

Good ol' Ismael agreed to meet me at the safeway near my house. He showed up drunk and mildly confrontational so I left. As you can see from ismael's profile picture it is aperent he likes to drink while driving. View attachment 71958

So we move on to Jesus. Jesus turned out to be hardly literate in spanish or english. Even the spanish speaking airmen I work couldnt figure out what he was saying. So Jesus is out.

Jorge like Jesus had such a poor command of spanish he tried to communicate with me emojis. Jorge is out. After I sent him a ton of thumbs down and poop emojis to get across to him he was out his boss Jill calls me. She calls me on facebook messenger and calls me a racist, bigot...ect. Every women i have met named Jill is a cunt and she lives up to that stereotype.

View attachment 71959
This is dual pellet wielding dickhead is hermyldo. By now i have learned a good number of spanish phrases. with that and the help of google translate I can communicate pretty good with my list of potential buyers. This is day three of having the ad up on FB market place. I told a few people at work about my adventure so far. So by now i am being asked to give updates on the adventure. It is also at this time SrA danny Pineiro volunteers to be my interpreter. We set up a meeting time and place hermyldo. When he shows up in a 90's silverado i already know this is going to go poorly. This guy is all a wannbe gangster. Hermyldo keeps calling danny vato, esa and other ghetto mexican terms. Danny is like this guy is a punk and he is pissing me off. Hermyldo figures out that these nerf bars unsurprisingly will not fit his silverado. So we quickly pairt ways.

Rual for some reason couldnt meet until the weekend. However i tell him if i still have them by then he can buy them.

So this brings us to hector ruis. We tell hector that if he wants them he has to meet today because i already have a buyer lined up for the weekend. He says he can meet us at 5pm.

Juan messeges me shortly after we made a arrangement hector. Danny tells him that this is a hot item and if he wants them he must meet us right away. He also tells him the price is now $200. Juan agrees. So we met him within 30 minutes at the safeway. Juan shows up with a beat up first gen tacoma. This guys hands would make a tacoma homeless bum's hands look clean. Anyway he tries out the nerf bars, gives me the money and danny tells him no refunds.

View attachment 71960

Hector was very upset that i would sell the nerf bars out from under him. We tell him too damn bad because we had another buyer come in at a higher price.

I am extremely happy that these damn nerf bars are sold and i dont have to deal with this anymore. I have never had such a hard time selling anything in my life.
8BF3E165-D9BD-4ECE-9447-F525EA41E6B8.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
:ROFLMAO: I love it that they have three different photos of it. if that thing sells for $450 I'm pretty sure I saw about $6 million dollars worth of driftwood when I was squirrel hunting along the Scioto river a couple weeks ago. I may have a new exit strategy to get out of painting. :geek: