Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ESPN reports Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Ohio State has placed Urban Meyer on Paid Administrative leave. Just saw this on ESPN news. This stems from a domestic violence investigation involving a former coach and his wife. Supposedly Urban new about the incident and ignored it.

We will have to see how this all plays out.

Jamie

Ohio
now that the ex-wifes alimony checks will not be coming since her abusive ex-husband lost his job, she needs to sue OSU. this in nothing about nothing. why in the fuck is it Urban Meyers job to meddle in the affairs of his employee's? he wasn't beating this woman, they guy he fired was, although he's never been arrested or convicted of domestic abuse. the whole thing stinks.

Chass

The Hills
I thought Title 9 or whatever they are saying is the root cause of Urban being to blame for ignoring it was only for sexual assault, not regular assault. Is it terrible she went thru it and lived with it for so long? You bet! But c'mon it was domestic violence. At the maximum get rid of the bad egg and be done with it. I don't see why you involve the boss with domestic violence bs. Sure fire him tell him don't be a POS to women but putting his bosses job in jeapordy too? Wut

Reactions: giles

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think the problem is in 2009 when the original domestic violence occurred former coaches from Ohio State visited her and told her that if she was to continue to press charges or husband would never get a coaching job. 3 years later Urban Meyer hired him on as a coach. Urban claims that he was aware of the allegations but since there were never any charges it was none of his business. In 2015 she reported that the abuse was continuing and confided in Urban's wife Shelly that it was still happening. Urban is claiming that despite Shelly knowing, and despite his previous statements of him and Shelly counseling his coach and wife as relationship mentors he had no clue that the abuse was continuing. Is going to be extremely difficult for urban to claim that despite everyone from former coaches to his staff and even his wife knowing that this was happening that he was somehow out of the loop.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He isn't her dad. She's an adult, her problem. I've had idiots work for me. Sure glad I've never been held accountable for their stupidity outside of the workplace.
FWIW, equal rights and the "women's movement " tell me these damsels in distress do not need a night in shining armor to save them. I don't think Urban should be punished not putting on the armor. And I could care less about OSU football. I do find it ridiculous that a man could lose his position for someone else beating their wife.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Urban Meyer is the highest paid State emloyee, and the face of a multi million dollar "corporation ". He covered up and enabled a habitual wife beater for the sake of winning. He signed Title IX paperwork and then didn't report it it. He's a POS

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
He isn't her dad. She's an adult, her problem. I've had idiots work for me. Sure glad I've never been held accountable for their stupidity outside of the workplace.
FWIW, equal rights and the "women's movement " tell me these damsels in distress do not need a night in shining armor to save them. I don't think Urban should be punished not putting on the armor. And I could care less about OSU football. I do find it ridiculous that a man could lose his position for someone else beating their wife.
Brock, lets say one of your employees is the face of your pizza joint, and is the main driving force in your ability to run it and make money. Then it comes out publicly that he's a slimeball and is doing shit thats putting your business in a negative light and potentially opening you up to multi million dollar lawsuits. You gotta fire him, right? Thats the predicament that OSU is in. No way i see him retaining his job

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
if her safety or her dignity were more important to her than money, she would have run away from this dude 10 years ago. Redhunter, are you, by chance, a Michigan fan?
Sure am. And it amuses me sitting here watching most of you guys make excuses for a guy who enabled a habitual wife beater for a decade because of who he was. You guys are like the Penn St fans who defended Paterno, saying he in no way could of known his D Coordinator was molesting boys, when it turns out he was in the know the whole time

Reactions: Jackalope

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Urban Meyer is the highest paid State emloyee, and the face of a multi million dollar "corporation ". He covered up and enabled a habitual wife beater for the sake of winning. He signed Title IX paperwork and then didn't report it it. He's a POS

This is truth right here. From a Buckeye fan. My only disagreement is doing this solely for winning because who knows what that relationship between he and Zach Smith is really all about. I've not seen all the evidence, but I have a hard time believing he was completely unaware of the situation and that he didn't somehow play a role in this not coming out sooner.

IF all the things being said about what he knew and for how long are true, he deserves to be fired.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I could give two shits honestly. I will still watch the buckeyes play, with or without him. That is of course if I'm not doing something more important, like sitting in a tree.

Ryan- I know you've had a raging boner since this news came out, probably didn't sleep well last night. Like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'd wager a good bet that if this case was associated with the Wolverines you'd be singing a different tune. Don't even lie!:sneaky::cool:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
We'll see if this holds true
Screenshot_20180802-080312_Chrome.jpeg

Reactions: Mike

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I could give two shits honestly. I will still watch the buckeyes play, with or without him. That is of course if I'm not doing something more important, like sitting in a tree.

Ryan- I know you've had a raging boner since this news came out, probably didn't sleep well last night. Like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'd wager a good bet that if this case was associated with the Wolverines you'd be singing a different tune. Don't even lie!:sneaky::cool:
Big boner, for sure haha. But as far as wanting to keep a coach that has enabled a wife beater like this, nah.