Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Episode #6: Familiar Ground and Evolving Tactics w. Cotty16

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Episode #6 can be found on our YouTube Page, and on Apple, Google, and Spotify podcast apps!

Make sure to subscribe and share to help us grow our listener and membership base!

---

In this episode, we talk with a longtime member and close friend, Mike Cottis, from Jefferson County, Ohio. Mike has been hunting much of the same ground for most of his life, so he has a unique perspective on what it's like to see both the habitat and the local deer herd, evolve over time. We also discuss EHD, thermals, heartbreak, triumph, and tight-lipped turkeys.

Here's the link to the study @Jackalope mentions, which was originally posted by @cspot. Thanks for the good content, Curtis!

Note: We will shift to a Wednesday release as it seems Sunday nights are the best slot for recording, which gives me more time to edit and prepare for release.

Last edited by a moderator:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Heck ya!! I am almost done listening, I always have enjoyed Mike's posts! @cotty16 what year was that when you shot that stud opening morning? I still remember that at least I hope that was you!

Awesome podcast boys!!

Reactions: bowhunter1023

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Awesome episode guys, Mike thanks for sharing the stories. It helps that some of us have been down too your area and recall the spots you were referring too!!!!
Was sorry too hear about Buck, he was a helluva tracking dog. I had the pleasure of seeing him in action on Chad’s buck that year. Knowing Jarrod, he probably had another one waiting in the wings…..

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Heck ya!! I am almost done listening, I always have enjoyed Mike's posts! @cotty16 what year was that when you shot that stud opening morning? I still remember that at least I hope that was you!

Awesome podcast boys!!
That buck was 2011. Can't believe it's been that long ago. I joined TOO shortly after when Ernie recruited me from that other site.

• Wow
Reactions: at1010

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That buck was 2011. Can't believe it's been that long ago. I joined TOO shortly after when Ernie recruited me from that other site.

Gosh dang! Where does the time go!! Great podcast boys!

That old poor soil quality in strip mind ground just kills me! So easily could be reversed......Ill save that soap box for another day. Great stuff!!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
That was really interesting! The beginning brought back some good memories when I use to look for deer my wife also lol. A lot of deer in this area have split or double brows. Crazy how they circle back to where they got shot. Back in the day that got us a couple times with the blood trail over lapping.