Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Been having some issue with Gunner. Hes been whimpering more and more, goes outside, hikes a leg, nothing comes out. Wants out 10 minutes later. Repeat. So off to the vet. X-ray shows a mass about the size of a softball between his spleen and bladder. My Vet recommends another Vet for an Ultrasound. Ultrasound shows that its a tumor attached to the spleen. Has to come out immediately. Ultrasound also shows an enlarged prostate. They recommend getting him fixed. Called and scheduled the surgery this morning. Drop him off tonight, surgery is tomorrow.

I've been dreading this. I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. I've had Gunner since he was 11 weeks old. He just turned 10 in December. He was the biggest help in my transition from Military life to civilian life. So this one stings quite a bit.

Screenshot_20191217-083349_Facebook (2).jpg

20190811_181747.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hope all is well man.

I'd like to celebrate a couple of birthdays today, but I think Gunnar got Bailey pregnant and now I'm trying to get her in to get that confirmed and pups aborted. I kept them apart until she stopped discharging and even then was keeping a good eye on them. In 5 minutes of me being in the house, they got knotted and she is apparently like her mother - get pregnant through the wind.

rooster85

Lake County
Been having some issue with Gunner. Hes been whimpering more and more, goes outside, hikes a leg, nothing comes out. Wants out 10 minutes later. Repeat. So off to the vet. X-ray shows a mass about the size of a softball between his spleen and bladder. My Vet recommends another Vet for an Ultrasound. Ultrasound shows that its a tumor attached to the spleen. Has to come out immediately. Ultrasound also shows an enlarged prostate. They recommend getting him fixed. Called and scheduled the surgery this morning. Drop him off tonight, surgery is tomorrow.

I've been dreading this. I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. I've had Gunner since he was 11 weeks old. He just turned 10 in December. He was the biggest help in my transition from Military life to civilian life. So this one stings quite a bit.

View attachment 96109

View attachment 96110

Keep us updated brother! Wishing you the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk