Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
20191012_220009.jpg

20191012_220016.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
533F9A9D-B863-44F3-B719-2974FB23004E.jpeg

7B01C6D3-A9F6-48DA-B7A8-961505D22330.jpeg

Buddy shot a doe this morning right after first light. He texted me and I told him I’d be on my way in a half hour. Took a quick shower and grabbed Bristol and went out the door. Figured she could use some exercise and maybe she’d pick up on a trail. That was a tall order for a house dog who walks a biking trail a couple times a week.
Got down where my buddy was hunting and he was on his hands and knees looking for blood drops. Dropped the tailgate and put on my old muck boots and opened the door for her to get out. I started walking too Shawn and Bristol was out behind the truck. As I was walking I turned to see where she was going as she was getting a little further out than I like. She then stopped and and just started sniffing all around. We were in an uncut bean field. As I got closer too Shawn I looked back again and she was still in the same spot. I turned around and walked her way. Got about 20 yards from her and low and behold she’s been sniffing and licking the doe Shawn had shot....
She’s batting a thousand for finding deer 😂 I think I’ll retire her now 😂
image.jpg

She’s plum tuckered out.... She’ll get some extra snacks this evening 😂