Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Denture Man Halts N.J. Bear Hunt.....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
It’s not bad in the southern part of the state. Deer population is high, turkeys TOO....not far from the shore for crabbing, clamming, flounder/stripped bass fishing. But I do enjoy the views in Ohio better. Flat land here in Jersey. And the trophy quality for deer is much much better in Ohio. I wanted to retire and move to Mayberry, USA....some small town in the Midwest but the wife is dead set against it. She won’t leave the friends and family that we have here, so as a compromise, she let me buy some land in Ohio (Vinton county near McArthur) so that I can escape to the country for a little while.

Reactions: giles and "J"

Fletch

Supporting Member
Like Fury said Jersey has, or should I say HAD a lot going for it.. Just over the years politicians have F-ed it up and the overall population has changed to many liberal assholes... I live in the northern part of the state and am surrounded by some gorgeous mountain ranges...I have a ski resort right across the valley from me and can hear the snow making machines running at night... During the summer there are small streams in the area that hold native trout, or you could go off the beaten path in search of rattle snakes or copperheads the size of your arm... Bears of monumental size roam these mountains... Deer populations were also good years ago, to the point where I would go out and maybe pass on 10 bucks in a day looking for a decent one.. They weren't your monsters of Ohio or Illinois, but they were respectable bucks for the area... Then came liberal deer seasons that run for months on end, there went the deer herd... OR... You can drive 2 1/2 hours South of here and be down the Jersey shore... Like Fury said flat land with some very nice beaches... Fishing for striper,s, fluke (summer flounder) sea bass is hard to beat. Many charter boats that you can jump on and forget your cares for the day...
Deer and turkey hunting is also pretty damned good down there... In fact 99% of the trophy deer come from South Jersey... So overall Jersey could HAVE been called a sportsmans paradise if it wasn't for the assholes running the state...
As for getting out of it, I planned on starting that ball rolling this summer... Then we lost our daughter in July and this put the brakes on big time... When the dust settles I'll get that ball rolling again... Until then my outlet is out in Illinois and as Dave said chatting on TOO...

Fletch

Supporting Member
One other thing Jersey has that is great and Fury will agree with me... "TAYLOR HAM" best damned breakfast samich going... Except for maybe Danmans….

Reactions: "J"

Isaacorps

Columbus
It’s all relative, people in Montana, Wyoming, etc probably wonder why in the hell people would/could live in Ohio. God only knows how we all end up where we do...

Reactions: Fletch

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The tree huggers out Wyoming are buying up all the special grizzly bear hunting special season permits to prevent the “trophy hunters” from getting them.... Jane Goodall is the face of the resistance....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Here’s another...sprinkles or jimmies?
Not sure on that one, but I'm going with sprinkles...As for the Taylor Ham/Pork Roll debate... Don't care what you call it... IT'S GOOD... Going to the deli now for a Taylor Ham,Egg and Cheese... salt, pepper and ketchup....

Reactions: Sgt Fury