Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer gun harvest numbers

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Screenshot_20231205_132549_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231205_132559_Instagram.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wasn't gun season last year rainy and nasty? Seems like the weather wasn't ideal. In my opinion, this year was perfect. Some bitter cold days with wind chills in single digits. Some mild days in the 40s. One rainy day. Some areas got big snow. Something for everyone.

I passed on a couple of days, due to rain, but I have that option being retired. :)
I didn't see near the amount of deer that I've seen in years past, but that could've just been bad timing on my part for the places that I hunted. :unsure:
I trust the ODNRs numbers, so that means there's lots of deer left to kill. :ROFLMAO: I gotta do my part to keep those kill numbers up and break last year's record. :sneaky:

On another note.... Some jackwagon voluntarily turned in a deer that tested positive for CWD, in Allen County. I can easily see the DNR adding Allen County to the DSA listing for next year. :rolleyes: Next thing you know, they'll have designated shooters at the local parks, wiping out the deer populations.

• Angry
Reactions: hickslawns

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I passed on a couple of days, due to rain, but I have that option being retired. :)
I didn't see near the amount of deer that I've seen in years past, but that could've just been bad timing on my part for the places that I hunted. :unsure:
I trust the ODNRs numbers, so that means there's lots of deer left to kill. :ROFLMAO: I gotta do my part to keep those kill numbers up and break last year's record. :sneaky:

On another note.... Some jackwagon voluntarily turned in a deer that tested positive for CWD, in Allen County. I can easily see the DNR adding Allen County to the DSA listing for next year. :rolleyes: Next thing you know, they'll have designated shooters at the local parks, wiping out the deer populations.
Deer are tested ALL OVER THE ENTIRE STATE, largely by lymph node samples collected by taxidermists and from roadkills. A large portion of hunters don't even know their deer are getting tested. Just because a positive showed up in Allen County doesn't necessarily mean that "some jackwagon voluntarily turned in a deer." And yea, don't be surprised if Allen County becomes a DSA county because, well, they literally did it with every other county where a positive sample was collected. :rolleyes:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We had high winds a couple days, might have been some rain mixed in with that over in NE Ohio. There was still a lot of standing corn in the areas I was hunting.

Reactions: Wiley E Coyote

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
6 days ago I said the weather was nearly perfect. Couple days to suit anyone's hunting weather preferences. If you like extreme cold you got a couple days. If you like mild you got a couple days. The winds were a little scary at times but it didn't stop me from hunting. I just puckered in the tree or hunted the ground. I sat out a day for rain but it wasn't terrible. No reason I needed to sit it out. Even got snow for some of our guys to the north to enjoy.

The weather excuse is total BS.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
6 days ago I said the weather was nearly perfect. Couple days to suit anyone's hunting weather preferences. If you like extreme cold you got a couple days. If you like mild you got a couple days. The winds were a little scary at times but it didn't stop me from hunting. I just puckered in the tree or hunted the ground. I sat out a day for rain but it wasn't terrible. No reason I needed to sit it out. Even got snow for some of our guys to the north to enjoy.

The weather excuse is total BS.
Depends where you were, Phil. Weather in my neck of the woods that week was not good, I’m my opinion. And most hunters I talked to that week offered the same sentiment.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Serious question… Has there been one single year since this website was founded, when someone has shared a link to the gun harvest news release, that y’all actually said “hmmm… yea, that sounds about right” ??? As much as y’all say it’s all lies and propaganda, you’d think we’d have just run out of deer by now. The second week of December each year is like Groundhog’s Day here at TOO.