Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dad’s Cabin Build

twireman

Kingston, OH
Trusses and upstairs walls goin up!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It’s really impressive how much they are getting done with such little manpower. Speaks loudly of their work ethic.
What’s the plan for the exterior look?

Reactions: twireman

twireman

Kingston, OH
It’s really impressive how much they are getting done with such little manpower. Speaks loudly of their work ethic.
What’s the plan for the exterior look?

Thanks! Vertical poplar boards on gable ends then a wrap around porch with metal roof. 12’ wide on front then 8’ around the rest....

Reactions: 5Cent

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks! Vertical poplar boards on gable ends then a wrap around porch with metal roof. 12’ wide on front then 8’ around the rest....
I was meaning color. Going with the natural and just sealing it or going to paint it? I couldn’t imagine anything but that awesome natural wood grain but that’s just me.👍🏻

twireman

Kingston, OH
The outside is done except for the wraparound porches. He decided to go with metal due to he’s not getting any younger and he really doesn’t want to be on the roof staining the wood. The progress will really slow down now. He hast to saw some more boards on his sawmill and start doing some inside work.

An interesting tidbit is that my dad had never seen a copperhead in real life in Ohio in his 64 years. He has killed two this week within 20 feet of the cabin. They were living in his scrap wood pile right outside the cabin.