Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cutting the Cord: Eliminating cable or satellite...

Still trying to cut back more where we can. Those of you that have the HD antenna how well have they been working? The thing I have trouble with is finding the channels I don't watch a lot or seasonally. Then it seems we are in and out of every app trying to remember which has what shows on it. The Roku on the one TV seems easy to use most of the time. Have any of you guys done anything new to organize better or made your life easier with cutting the cable. My wife has been talking about going back to at least a basic cable, something I want to avoid if at all possible. We use Netflix, Prime and some (still free) apps at the moment.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I keep telling my wife we need to just get rid of direct TV. We have Netflix and YouTube and I think Disney plus. The kids usually just watch YouTube anyways. And I maybe watch an hour or 2 of TV a week.

Reactions: Jackalope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Still trying to cut back more where we can. Those of you that have the HD antenna how well have they been working? The thing I have trouble with is finding the channels I don't watch a lot or seasonally. Then it seems we are in and out of every app trying to remember which has what shows on it. The Roku on the one TV seems easy to use most of the time. Have any of you guys done anything new to organize better or made your life easier with cutting the cable. My wife has been talking about going back to at least a basic cable, something I want to avoid if at all possible. We use Netflix, Prime and some (still free) apps at the moment.

I have an HD antenna in the attic. Don;t get the little square plastic one. Get a real aluminum antenna and mount it in the attic Something like this.

1633367556060.png

Reactions: Big_Holla

mike hunt

We haven't had cable for 4 years, don't miss it a bit, I think my IQ went up from not watching the news, at least I think it did.

Reactions: Big_Holla
So most of the apps we have been using like History continued to work for quite a while after we dropped our TV/Cable provider. Now they are not working any longer for us as we have to put in our TV provider and it does not recognize our account any longer. It seems there is no way around it unless we buy some sort of subscription to something like Hulu+Live, Sling TV, Philo, etc.. Anyone found a cheap way or work around that we may not be aware of?