Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Creamer's trail camera 2021

Creamer

Athens
I've been running a camera on the mineral block/food leftovers pile all summer, but haven't been posting pics. We have had a couple of red foxes hanging around all summer. Deer-wise, it's been does and fawns all summer. The only buck had been a tiny spike for 2 months. Then, a bachelor group showed up recently. It may be close to town but there's always a decent buck or two hanging around.

And the fur buddies.

Creamer

Athens
The public land cameras have been starting to produce some good sightings. This one is tough to see detail but I can see enough to know he's a good one.

This buck is standing nearly in the exact same spot my opening day doe was standing last year when I shot her. This will be a potential good opening day location again, lots of deer traffic through there. It's a subtle little saddle in the ridge that connects bedding to an oak flat with several white oaks.

This location was one I found late last year, well into the season on a mid-season scout. I had a close call with the largest buck I saw last year on public in this location. Clearly hopes are high and I'll be watching the wind and this camera closely. He's hitting a mock scrape.

His running buddy ain't bad, either.

Creamer

Athens
So like I said, that deer is old. Really old.

So that is him, I believe, 2015-2021.

Here's a really, really interesting one. This deer I believed to be old a few years ago. In the feeder pics, he was sort of the bully buck. Huge body, really odd "junky" looking rack.

2019-2020, no photos of him. I assumed he was dead and gone. Then I got these photos last night...

Creamer

Athens
Sneak in around 0400, settle in. Take a nap until day break, shoot a buck. Still a 4-5 hour hunt….. 👍🏼

That's been my thought. The issue is that the property is small and I have to approach on that property. It's a really narrow property with open field above the little hollow where this is. I know deer spend a lot of time in that field and I'd stand a solid chance of busting deer getting in. If I can get in clean I'd be golden. If this keeps up, I have to give it a shot, though.

Isaacorps

Columbus
That's been my thought. The issue is that the property is small and I have to approach on that property. It's a really narrow property with open field above the little hollow where this is. I know deer spend a lot of time in that field and I'd stand a solid chance of busting deer getting in. If I can get in clean I'd be golden. If this keeps up, I have to give it a shot, though.
If you get in with your headlamp in the pitch black and happen to shine them, you should be good. I’ve shined bedded deer walking in and they never even moved. Stayed bedded until after daylight. @bowhunter1023 and I walked up to within spitting distance of a doe at strouds one year in the dark with our lights trained on her. She finally just walked away. Might be worth the risk to get in there super early in the dark

Creamer

Athens
I hung this camera a few weeks ago for the main purpose of watching this spot for cruising bucks in November. Late last November, I hunted this spot for the first time and saw a solid public buck cruising and heading to this spot. It's a saddle where a large point meets the main ridge. the bench on the point connects bedding on the point with a bedding area off the main ridge.

Nov 2, we have our first male customer.