Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crappie lakes

rooster85

Lake County
Has anyone been out chasing crappie recently? My oldest is getting antsy and our pond really isn’t all that exciting anymore lol. Anybody hit up pymatuning recently? Any other lakes? I’d like to stay within 2 hours of home. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Has anyone been out chasing crappie recently? My oldest is getting antsy and our pond really isn’t all that exciting anymore lol. Anybody hit up pymatuning recently? Any other lakes? I’d like to stay within 2 hours of home. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mosquito?

Indian Lake is not ready yet for killing the crappie population....water is not warm enough yet....give it a week or 2...maybe even three...you can catch a few, but not like what you can catch when the water warms....trust me!!!!

NoDakRat

Today was a damn good day to be at Indian Lake. Saugeyes were hitting decent this morning and one BIG crappie this afternoon. 16 inches weighing 2lbs. Anyone know a good fish taxidermist? Doubt I’ll ever pull another like this out of Ohio waters. Might have to put it on the wall.

Reactions: giles and rooster85

NoDakRat

6EC2A87F-B771-4802-9CA8-60B38CF6FF6E.jpeg

NoDakRat

Thanks. Camper belongs to a buddy. Hasn’t left that spot in 3 years. I think the next time it leaves that spot somebody else will own it. He’s thinking about getting rid of it. I’ve been thinking about picking one up but need to convince the boss. Won’t be a little one either. 4 grandkids need approximately 10 ft each. At least that’s my math! 😬😬