Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyotes and deer corn

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
[Kenneth Branham, of Camden, S.C., said he would have never thought it possible if he hadn’t seen the photos with his own eyes.

“It goes against everything I’ve ever been taught,” Branham said. “If somebody had told me they had pictures like this, I wouldn’t have believed them.”

But there, just before 11 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27, is a photo of a coyote eating at a corn pile. A few minutes later, a doe shows up, eventually approaching the coyote and beginning to eat the corn right along with it.

A few minutes later, a small spike shows up and begins to eat at the corn pile, as well.]
p1475680894-1-678x381.jpg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Never seen them eat at a corn pile. Maybe they were and I just assumed they were sniffing the corn for animal scent. I have seen them carrying a corn cob though. Now apples are a different story, seen them eat those on plenty of occasions.

Reactions: Cogz and Geezer II

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Never seen them eat at a corn pile. Maybe they were and I just assumed they were sniffing the corn for animal scent. I have seen them carrying a corn cob though. Now apples are a different story, seen them eat those on plenty of occasions.

Me either - had automatic corn feeder and 2 trail cam set up for years - got protos of deer, squirrls, birds and etc but never yotes - see yotes olnce in a while wife feeding crows in yard had yote eatn crow stuff yday thats it on the crow feeding

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’m currently in Camden SC, have yet too see one of them yotes near a corn pile eating it.
Although I’ll be having Mexican for dinner….

• Haha
Reactions: Geezer II