Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coydog?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Crazy coincidence. It's a shame it's such a goofy looking mount. Almost looks like the form is too and small... Like the hide has been pulled and tucked too tight all over. Makes sense if it was part dog. Likely taller and more lanky than a purebred coyote.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Crazy coincidence. It's a shame it's such a goofy looking mount. Almost looks like the form is too and small... Like the hide has been pulled and tucked too tight all over. Makes sense if it was part dog. Likely taller and more lanky than a purebred coyote.

He said it had a broke back leg with a giant puss sack and was clearly run down. Still weighed 50#s. 😳

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Agreed. It looks like the mount got butchered. I though maybe it was because of the mix also but that sucker just looks sick like it has cancer.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Joe, maybe HAD cancer.😂🤣👍🏻

Pretty coincidental for sure! Lots of white on its head too! Maybe bred with Sylvester the cat too?!?😬

So a local guy I know has killed 99 coyotes since 1/1/19. I've been messaging him about hunting our place since I'm never out there and no where near as good as he is. I sent him the pic from the OP and said if he killed it, I'd take the hide if he didn't want it. He sends me this and says "too late" [emoji23]

Shot it in January a mile south of where the pic was taken. He and the taxi agreed it was part dog too. He's actually picking it up tomorrow. Crazy bit of coincidence!

View attachment 81333

View attachment 81334

I heard that very story last night from the guy who shot the coyote! Haha! Went out and knocked down two with him and his buddy. Well they knocked down two...I helped speed them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I did a podcast in between hunting sets with the guy who killed that black coyote. He tells some of his favorite hunts and how he does it. Link is below or you can find it under Shedding Light Hunting Stories on any podcast platform. His email is in the show notes if you know of anyone that has coyote problems. He lives in SE Ohio.

http://sheddinglightstories.buzzsprout.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there was ever a candidate, this is it. Half German Shepard, half coyote. My buddy got this on his cam just E of our place. This is the one I've been trying to get a daylight pic of for weeks now. If I kill this thing, it's going to end up in a full body mount. :cool:
I was walking my dog last week and was looking for what jumped out at us. He
disappeared as quick as he appeared. I had a flashlight shinning in his eyes and a pistol on him. But he disappeared as quick as he appeared. I am 100% this is him. I am in brown county, could he have made it here?