Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccinations

Jamie

Ohio
My point is that this is a much bigger issue than this one case. we all have choices to make, and sometimes they are hard ones. Irrational government-based policy that limits those choices is the REAL PROBLEM.

Denying medical treatment of ANY sort based on vaccination status is fucking criminal, imo.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My point is that this is a much bigger issue than this one case. we all have choices to make, and sometimes they are hard ones. Irrational government-based policy that limits those choices is the REAL PROBLEM.

Denying medical treatment of ANY sort based on vaccination status is fucking criminal, imo.

Especially denying lifesaving treatment to someone based on someone elses decision.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh

Just thinking of the kid at this point in time.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Or the Dad

He is willing to donate his kidney to his son, so you don't really get to question dads dedication to his family here. The only problem here is a bunch of bureaucrats at a hospital willing to deny a child a lifesaving procedure based on unfounded opinion that goes against their own research. The Cleveland clinic found the vaccine offers no added protection over natural immunity. When looking at their staff over a 5 month period in 200&2001 none of the employees who had confirmed positive PCR tests and remained unvaccinated were re-infected. None... In a high risk environment day in day out none of them were reinfected. So to use dads unvacinated status as an excuse not to perform the procedure is petty, at best, especially since it's a real life or death situation for the kid.

Big H

Medina
The dad is my insurance agent, and his FIL that he took the business over from when he retired was my insurance agent. You (Geezer) should probably take a back seat on this one, since you know nothing about this family and this situation.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Yo Joe
I have read a few articles on organ transplant the said hospitals want the doner, receipent and close family members to have covid and flu vaccinations because of the immunosupressive drugs used. Do you have any info on this?
Thanks - trying to figure out why the CClinic won't do that kids transplant

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Two coworkers I worked with in their 60’s(one retired a year and other still working) both got a Covid shot days apart and both died within a week. Did the shot have anything to do with their deaths? Who knows? Would they still be with us had they not got the shot? Who knows? I actually know of several other people who died shortly after getting the “jab” so how can anyone blame or look down on someone who is hesitant and not want the shot or is relying on their own immune system for protection?
Covid is here to stay just like other diseases and SARS flu’s. If you want the shot then get it. If not, so be it. Hoping we don’t get going sideways towards one another when the next medical crisis hits cuz it’s tearing this country apart and NO ONE is right or wrong, IMO. It’s just personal choice.🙄🤷🏻‍♂️

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yo Joe
I have read a few articles on organ transplant the said hospitals want the doner, receipent and close family members to have covid and flu vaccinations because of the immunosupressive drugs used. Do you have any info on this?
Thanks - trying to figure out why the CClinic won't do that kids transplant

They said why though. Because the dad isn't vaccinated, even though they admitted they still harvest organs from deceased donors who are not vaccinated. Meaning it's not an organ viability issue. If they're trying to claim dad has to be vaccinated because he's in close proximity to the kid, that defies the science as it's pretty clear that the vaccine doesn't prevent infection or transmission. And pfizer's own data they submitted for vaccine approval, that the FDA was forced to release, showed that natural immunity was just as good as vaccinated immunity. Of course, they included their "but more research is necessary".