Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Creamer

Athens
For anybody who has shot Bear Weather Rests, how long do they last for you? Mine was showing some wear so I replaced it a few days ago. Arrows didn't seem to be drawing across it real smoothly lately and it had worn more than I realized. It's been on there less than a year but I do shoot basically every day.

Cold shot after replacement.

For anybody who has shot Bear Weather Rests, how long do they last for you? Mine was showing some wear so I replaced it a few days ago. Arrows didn't seem to be drawing across it real smoothly lately and it had worn more than I realized. It's been on there less than a year but I do shoot basically every day.

Back in the day when I shot fingers you usually only got one season or less out of them. We used the NAP Flipper Rest II for many years and they lasted a long long time. Looks like they're still made.

Jamie

Ohio

shooting off of the shelf completely eliminates this problem. ;)

Reactions: jagermeister

Creamer

Athens
I had been having an issue with that Solid Grip Trigger "migrating" on my handle, and I think it was messing with my head. It would slowly slide around the handle during a shooting session. I got fed up yesterday, my shooting had been inconsistent for a few days and that trigger was messing with me. I removed it and stuck it to some wax paper, and into the archery drawer it went. I wanted a change of "scenery" so I strung up the Stalker.

Damn you, South Cox.

Creamer

Athens
I'm feeling plenty dangerous. Just need to find a deer. Cold shot last night from 23ish.

I finally decided to try a bow mounted quiver. The old tube style quiver I strap to my pack has good attributes, but it catches on every damn limb and branch as I walk through the woods. I ordered a cheap Thunderhorn Boa and stealth-stripped it. Cold shot at dawn this morning from 17 or so.

I put a zip tie through the top of the hood so I can still hang my bow on my hook strap on the left side of the tree (as I face the tree) and not have the quiver interfere. This is hanging it on the bow hook off our deck.

Reactions: Left field

Creamer

Athens
I did something I don't do...I took time away from the bow. During gun season, I unstrung the recurve and stayed away from it for the week. Today's cold shot from 16 was not too bad, considering I don't usually take time away.

The first half dozen or so arrows I was all around the worn out section. One shot a little left, then a little low, right, up...the last dozen or so I piped in there pretty well. My shot felt pretty good.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have not been shooting much lately. In the last few days I’ve blown the dust off a little. Mason has too. A buddy recently left his late father’s Assenheimer here, intentionally, knowing it would be put to use. Mason has taken to that classic bow like a duck to water. Last night or the night before we sent a few. We will both be looking for a controlled hunt late season deer or two the first week of January. I know I’ll be using a single string bow. Pretty sure Mason will too.
AFDA8340-A77F-4887-8153-BCDDEAE891BB.jpeg